THIRTY-FOUR

What the fuck am I thinking? I say to myself as I let Shana place half of a shroom on my tongue.

"This is safe, right?" I ask her before leaning back on our couch.

"Yeah, girl. Mike and I take these all the time. Mmmh, perfect for sex, too," she winks at me before placing one in her mouth. I gag, chewing on the shroom.

It's Friday night, and Shana and I are about to head to a bonfire. And let me tell you, a party is definitely needed since finding out that after the release of their new album, Alice in Chains will be going on tour again. Damn, I'm going to miss my baby. Though, Layne did give me the option of tagging along with him again. Ugh, so much to think about. I mean, it would be fun to get a glimpse of Layne's rock star world....and I also want to be able to watch him.

Ugh, I hate saying that; watch him. Makes me feel like a nag....I want to make sure he doesn't...you know...it. Is that wrong?

"Is Tanya still coming?" I then ask Shana.

Shana shakes her head sadly, "couldn't get a babysitter."

"...did she seem okay to you?"

"How many times are you going to ask me that?" she laughs, throwing on her boots.

I shrug, not really sure how to answer her. Sighing, I stare at my outfit from below. I'm not sure if my outfit is exactly bonfire ready; I feel cute though;

"Let's go before this kicks in," I tell her, a smile creeping on my lips

~~~~ ~~~~~

"Whoa," I breathe out as I step outside the cab. Colors float gently across the partygoers. "Whoa," I say again.

"You feel it don't you?" Shana asks me, smiling from ear to ear. "What do you see?"

"Colors," I whisper, staring at the red aura around her body.

"I see...everything breathing," Shana laughs.

"I see...colors," I say again, still amazed as my eyes follow another red flame, an orange, a purple flame, and then a green one. "So many colors," I then laugh, everything suddenly becoming funny.

Holding onto each other, Shana and I stumble onto the grass, walking closer to the pit. My widened eyes focus on each person that passes by me.

"I want to fuck Mike so bad," I hear Shana giggle as I focus on a blue flame, the only blue color in the crowd. "Ooh, bitch! Marshmallows!" Shana then says, seeing people eating roasted marshmallows on a stick.

Hungry all of a sudden, we race to the home of the marshmallows; by the fire pit. The blue flame catches my eyes again as it stands by the pit. The smell of burnt wood traps my nostrils as blue flame turns around, revealing itself, it's Chris. He holds a jumbo bag of marshmallows, his eyes lifting in amusement as he stares at Shana and me.