TWENTY-SEVEN

Tanya and I got ready at my place as she wanted help with her makeup and needed some club fashion advice. Since giving birth to Terri, her wardrobe sadly went downhill, so I did the best I could with the clothes I had.

For my outfit, I felt a little inspired by Kurt Cobain/ Freddy Kruger;

Layne picked us up around 9:30 pm as the show went on at 10 pm. Though, he excused himself the second we started to make our way inside the club to chat with guys I didn't know.

"Oh God, I'm so nervous," Tanya says as we walk into the small club. "Why am I so nervous?"

"You just need some alcohol in your system," I tell her, grabbing onto her wrist as we head straight to the bar.

"I think I'm too Black for this place," Tanya says as she looks around the place.

"There's no such thing," I laugh, waving down the bartender and ordering us a drink.

"So Layne is cute," Tanya says as she brings her attention back to me.

"I know," I smile as I think of my beautiful man.

"Maybe I should try white boys," Tanya then says as she sips her drink.

I laugh at her before saying what has been on my mind for a while, "So I have a question...."

"Hmm?"

"What happened between you and Mel?"

"Fuck that bitch," Tanya says, finishing her drink. "Whooo!" she shouted, and I could tell the alcohol was doing its' work.

"I'm trying!" I yell, joking. Mmmh, this shit is hitting me fast.

"Who are you trying to fuck?" I hear Layne ask from behind me. Shit. Turning around, I see the whole gang behind Tanya and me.

"You," I sing into Layne's face before introducing everyone to Tanya. Nice save.

Shana screams with excitement, unwrapping her arms around Mike to give Tanya a big hug. Awwww. Seeing their embrace makes me happy that this is actually happening. It's been hard trying to get Tanya out. And tonight is perfect, as Shana will be away for a work event this weekend.

"How come y'all don't hug me like that?" Sean jokingly says, watching their embrace. 

Layne laughs at Sean's joke as he pulls me into a side hug. My nose wraps around him, and I immediately smell weed drifting from his clothes.

"Did you smoke without me?" I ask him.

"Opps." I squint my eyes, pouting at him. "Babe, would you like to smoke?" Layne asks, a chuckle releasing from his lips.

"Yes, please."

"See, all you had to do was ask."

"And all you had to do was wait," I fire back playfully.