CHAPTER 10: A Long Night

"Taehyun-ah... I'm hungry" Beomgyu whined for the nth time after being trapped inside.

"Your stomach, not mine. Deal with it" the younger replied.

Both of them were sitting across each other from each side of the room — as Taehyun had made himself clear he wanted the older to be as far away from him as possible .

As for Beomgyu, well, let's just say he's treasuring this moment as much as he could. This is a once in a lifetime chance to be alone with his crush, and he was going to make the most out of tonight. He hoped to befriend the younger by morning, at least.

With that goal set in mind, Beomgyu quickly crawled to where Taehyun was.

"Piss off" Said the white haired without even sparing a glance.

"Tyun... I'm cold and oh so starving!" Beomgyu huddled up close to Taehyun's shoulders.

"Just do whatever to keep yourself alive—"

"Aww... you do care about me! See? You don't actually want me dead!"

"So that they wouldn't think I murdered you" he finished his sentence, leaving Beomgyu speechless.

It was too soon to give up, though. Another strategy came to his mind. The black haired started speaking in cute tone.

"Tyunnie... Gyu's so hungwy... can you hear my stomach gwoling?"

Taehyun turned to stare at him in disbelief. Was this boba head really older than him? He looked as if he didn't had an ounce of maturity in him.

"Can't hear anything" he replied "Just go to sleep. It's really late"

"Can't sleep... unless you sing me a lullaby" Beomgyu suggested cutely.

Taehyun let out a sigh and reached for his bag. He unzipped it and took out a bag of chips, throwing it right at the older's face.

"There. Take it and leave me alone" he said before walking to sit somewhere further away.

Excitement rushed through Beomgyu as he eagerly ripped open the bag and savored the salty flavor of potato chips. Taehyun's been gatekeeping the good stuff all along.

"Tae~ you want some?" Beomgyu followed Taehyun once again. "I'll gladly feed you~"

"Not hungry" replied the white haired.

"Come on, just take a bite" Beomgyu held a chip in his hand and waved it in front of Taehyun's face.

"What part of 'not hungry' don't you understand?!" Taehyun yelled while pushing Beomgyu back in the process.

The black haired fell to the ground, using his elbows to support his weight. Potato chips were splattering everywhere. He remained on the ground and stared Taehyun, not believing what just happened. What was he expecting? Why was he still trying?  Is it even worth it? It seemed like his crush wouldn't even care if he died.

Beomgyu stood up without a word and walked back behind the shelf. He felt so done and tired at the moment. Even the remaining chips were left uneaten.

A once in a lifetime chance?  Screw it, he just wanted to get out of here.

But the night was still long. The sound of raindrops and thunderstorms could be heard from outside. Occasionally they could see flashes of lightning through the small glass window near the ceiling.

He was already shivering without a blanket, his heart just recently got shattered, and now there's a heavy rain pouring down outside. Isn't fate being too cruel to Beomgyu tonight?

The black haired shut his eyes, telling himself to stop overthinking and fall asleep. "Once I walk out this door tomorrow, Taehyun and I are nothing. And I'm going to end this stupid crush I have on him" he determined.

"Hicc...sniff..."

Was that a sob? Was someone weeping?

Beomgyu opened his eyes and looked around the room. There were only him and Taehyun. Then who the hell was crying?

"My god... what if I'm being haunted?!" Beomgyu shivered. "Calm down, self. Maybe I'm just hearing things... it could've been the rain outside, yes, that must've been it.."

"Hic..."

"It's that sound again! There's gotta be a ghost lingering around here somewhere. Ugh! I'll just ask Taehyun to protect me" Beomgyu thought to himself and initiated his plan. He walked across the room to where Taehyun was and sat down next to the younger who was curled up in a ball.

"Taehyun! Wake up! I.. I think there's ghost I'm not even kidding. Tae- Taehyun?"

Taehyun's body was trembling, hands hugging his knees, face down and .... currently crying?

Kang Taehyun is crying? Huh??

At that moment, another lightning striked. Taehyun let out an obvious speak and pulled Beomgyu's hand close to him. Is this real?

"Taehyun, what's wrong? Hey, don't scare me like that.."

But Taehyun only squeezed his hand harder as a reply.

"Is this a prank? Well you can stop it now... don't give me false hope please. I've already given up on you"

"Prank your ass! I'm scared!" Taehyun screamed. His body was still shaking uncontrollably, even his voice sounded different.

Is it possible that... Taehyun has astraphobia?

The storm outside was still on going. Taehyun's state kept getting worse. He kept crying and nuzzling towards Beomgyu who was trying his best to sooth him.

"Don't be scared... I'm here, it's gonna be okay"

Both bodies huddled up close togther, providing each other with heat to fight against the cold atmosphere in the room. Beomgyu still couldn't believe this was reality. He placed his hand atop Taehyun's head, playing with his silver locks. His hair was even softer and more silky than he thought. It felt surreal to him— being able to hold the cold fairy like this. He wondered if he saved a nation in his past life to be able to get this privilege.

What if this was a dream? What if he wakes up in his own bedroom tomorrow? What if he's too obsessed and started hallucinating?

No... Beomgyu didn't want that. He hoped everything was real. Even if he got rejected. At least he got the chance to hold Taehyun close and comfort him.

"So loud... it's scary" Taehyun murmured. He had stopped crying and calmed down a bit now.

"Shh... it's okay, don't be scared"

"Don't leave me" Kang Taehyun that was known as being heartless and cold was now so adorable holding Beomgyu's hands and telling him to stay.

"Never, I'm not going anywhere, Tyun"

Actually, even the toughest and coldest person has a their weak points.

Maybe fate wasn't too cruel to Beomgyu after all...

࿎༛♥︎∙∙∙∙+𝗑+∙∙∙∙♥︎༛࿎

To be continued...

* thanks for waiting and showing your support! <3