Chapter 38: Fanclub

"That bastard Yeonjun doesn't believe me!" Beomgyu aggressively slams his phone on the table with a pout. "He even said I was spouting nonsense to interrupt his precious time"

Taehyun slurped his caramel drink, his expression remained unbothered by his lover's constant yapping.

"Go tell him in person. If he doesn't believe then so what? Let him be"

"Is it that hard to believe that you and I got into a relationship? Do I seem that undeserving of you? Aish, that Choi Yeonjun keeps telling me I'm delusional for saying you're my boyfriend even though we're literally dating"

"Would it kill you to keep your voice down? People are staring at us"

They were sitting in the very same cafe they'd been as temporary lovers. Now here they are again— same people, same place, different relationship status.

"It's so frustrating..." Beomgyu keeps mumbling.

"Why do you care? His acknowledgment or not, you're rightfully mine now"

The black haired smiled sheepishly at that statement. "Aww my Taehyunnie so lovely~"

Taehyun frowned but smiled internally. He hasn't found an easy way to express his feelings yet, but there is no denying how happy he feels to get Beomgyu back.

"Stop scrunching your face like that!" Beomgyu smacked his arms playfully.

"What do you want to do next?" The younger asked.

"How bout a movie?"

Taehyun nodded and they stood up and headed off to their next destination.

- - - - -

"Tae! Let's watch this one!"

"It's horror, though?"

Beomgyu nodded. Seeing a scary movie with Taehyun has long been sitting on his bucket list.

"You sure you won't scream and run out?" Taehyun asked for confirmation again.

"Of course not! Wait, are you scared?" Beomgyu teased. He was actually planning to act scared to cling to his new boyfriend.

"Who said? Let's go"

Taehyun purchased the tickets when Beomgyu took care of the popcorn and drinks. The lover went in after that.

Ten minutes into the movie, Beomgyu glanced at Taehyun's hand perfectly placed on the armrest. He wanted to grab it badly but was afraid Taehyun would pull away. He was never fond of physical affection after all.

'Don't overthink it Beom' he told himself. 'You're officially his boyfriend now, not some thick-faced guy hopelessly chasing after him'

Hesitantly, Beomgyu reached out his hand, silently praying Taehyun won't slap it away.

Contrary to his worries, instead of swatting his hand away and cussing at him, Taehyun flipped his palm up and accepted Beomgyu's fingers onto his hold, his eyes still on the movie screen.

Beomgyu felt like he was on cloud nine. His stomach flipped and fluttered, bursting with excitement.

But Taehyun's grip tightened after that, unusually so. Beomgyu sneaked a glance at Taehyun's face and apparently, he was sweating and gulping.

"Taehyun? Are you scared? No way" Beomgyu laughed endearingly at him. "Scream if you need to, don't hold it like that"

"I didn't think it would be this... scary"