Chapter 25: Weird Feelings

The sound of hands clapping echoed across the room as dancer Soobin wrapped up his performance for the night. He bowed with grace, displaying his gratitude to the guests before exiting the stage.

A lot of them would be coming back for more, that was for sure.

He decided it was still too early to retire to rest, so he helped around as a waiter, earning a good amount of extra tips. It wasn't until late at night that the number of guests went down and he could finally take a quick break.

Quietly exiting through the back door, Soobin sat down on a bench and inhaled some fresh air. He took off his rabbit mask and let himself relax a little. The street behind the club was small and quiet, so he could hardly see anyone passing by. Just then, a grey cat showed up and came walking towards him, cutely asking for a scratch behind its ear. Soobin looked at it in awe and picked the cat up.

"Hey there" said Soobin. "Do you have a home?"

"Meow" the cat made a sound. Soobin placed the adorable kitty on his lap and gently stroked its back. "Are you hungry? I guess I can get some food from inside for you to eat". The cat just kept on meowing.

As if on cue, the door opened and another staff walked out. Soobin took a glance and saw his redhead manager with a plastic plate on her hand. Upon seeing her, the cat immediately jumped out of Soobin's lap to nuzzle itself against her heels. Yeji smiled and placed the plate on the ground towards it, to which the cat eagerly gobbled up all the food.

"Ditching work again, are we?" Yeji used her strict manager voice at Soobin.

"N-No I was just..." Soobin eventually gave up on finding excuses and sighed "You're right, I was indeed ditching work. But just for a few minutes, I swear! In fact, I just — was just about to head back in when you came" he quickly rambled, messing up a few words.

Yeji dropped the serious facade and laughed. "What are you panicking for? I wasn't gonna bite your head off"

"How could I not panic? You looked so mad I thought I was getting fired for sure"

"Hey, I'm not that heartless.. I know you're tired. Feel free to rest for another while" She sat beside the male on bench while keeping her eyes locked on the grey cat.

"Is that cat yours?" Soobin asked.

The manager shook her head. "She's not mine. But she always comes here around the same time every night. I sort of assumed she's a stray cat so I kept bringing food for her"

"Oh..."

The red haired pulled out a packet of cigarettes from her pockets and offered one to Soobin. Though he politely declined. "Thanks but, I don't smoke"

"Don't mind if I do then" she pulled out a lighter and began smoking.

"I don't mind. Please suit yourself" Soobin sat still next to her.

"You're in an awfully good mood today" Yeji began.

"You think so? Lia said the exact same thing! But I feel totally normal, though"

"Did something good happen?"

Soobin took her question and thought about it. Have something been making him happy lately?

An image of a man appeared in his head out of nowhere. Even Soobin himself was surprised his initial thought was about that certain senior with dark hair, sharp eyes, and muscles... his heart was beating loud the moment he realized.

"There's this... person who's constantly on my mind" he explained. "And every time I think about them, I feel... strange. You see, it's like a swarm of butterflies flapping their wings inside my stomach and it's so damn weird.."