Chapter 28: Gift

After their classes ended, Yeonjun took Soobin on a date at the edge of the city where flowers bloomed in a field and butterflies were fluttering all around them, a place where Soobin dreamed of going for a long time. The sky was so clear and blue, birds were chirping and singing songs, keeping the couple company as they held hands and ran along without a care in the world. It all seemed so perfect, it almost felt unreal.

"Bin-ah, you happy?"

"Very happy... extremely happy now that I have you with me, hyung" the younger showed his dimpled smile shyly, still slightly awkward. Yeonjun found him adorable and grabbed hold of Soobin's waist, spinning him around. The sound of laughter whirled around them.

"You're so adorable, Soobunny"

Soobin blushed so hard at the pet name. The two leaned in close, hearts beating out of rhythm. Yeonjun leaned forward, wanting to initiate a kiss. The younger panicked and bumped their heads together, making Yeonjun fell down.

"Yah!  What was that?!"

Soobin laughed and stuck out his tongue in a provoking manner. The older got up and started chasing him.

"Yah! Choi Soobin! Get back here!!"

They ran and laughed, like a real couple having the time of their lives. It was like they were the only ones in the world. Yeonjun managed to catch up to Soobin and they both ended up falling down onto the grass.

"I've caught you, little bunny"

Soobin grinned with a bright red face, being pinned down by Yeonjun. "So you've caught me"

"You're mine now"

"I'm all yours... always been yours, hyung"

"Soobin"

"Hm?"

"Do you... love me?"

That was bold. What should the answer be? Soobin contemplated over the direct question.

"I... umm.."

"Soobin!"

Huh?

"Soobin hyung! Wake up! How long are you planning to sleep?!"

Soobin's eyes shot wide open. Kai was grabbing and shaking his arms, desperately trying to wake him up. Soobin got up and looked around him. Tables and chairs... he was in his classroom.

"Oh you're awake now" said Kai. "You slept like a log I thought you were dead"

Slept? Awake?

So everything that had just happened... it was all just a dream? An illusion to make him question his feelings?

'Ahh, no wonder. I knew it was too good to be true"

Soobin wasn't sure whether he should be glad or disappointed.

"What's the matter Hyuka?"

"Well... school ended. Everyone else left. You were sleeping on the table when I found you. Geez, were you planning to sleep on campus the whole night?"

Soobin rubbed his eyes. "I didn't even know I fell asleep... sorry for the trouble"

"It's okay, hyung. I waited too long at the gate so I decided to come find you"

"What time is it, by the way?" Asked Soobin.

"Almost six"

Soobin panicked and shoved all his books into his bag really quickly. He was going to be late for work and Yeji was for sure going to give him an earful with a smack on his head by a baseball bat.