CHAPTER 15: The Best Night

"I can't find Taehyun at all, where'd he go?!" Kai pulled his own blonde hair in frustration. He had been walking around all night, trying to find his cousin but to no avail.

"I think he's fine. Taehyun's an adult now, he knows how to take care of himself" said Soobin. He reached his hand to rub the younger's back gently.

"I know that. But I'm not confident he wouldn't cause trouble in Jay's house"

The two continued searching for him. They tried calling multiple times but his number were unreachable. Nobody knew what happened to him.

"Maybe he got mad at me for abandoning him so he turned his phone off..." Kai murmured sadly. "I hate myself- I shouldn't have left him alone like that"

"Don't blame yourself, Hyuka. Everyone tends to be forgetful sometimes. And his phone might be dead, that's why" Soobin tried to comfort him. But Kai was still doubtful.

"Based on his personality, Taehyun must've gone home. You needn't have to worry too much"

Kai shook his head. "I got a bad feeling, hyung. You should be enjoying the party. I'm just gonna keep looking"  with that, Kai walked out, trying to find Taehyun once again.

The music was romantic and groovy. People seemed to be having fun and had zero intention on going home.

"Excuse me, may I have this dance?" 

Soobin turned around. A handsome slightly older man was talking to him. A senior in 4th year, he assumed.

"Um... I don't know how to dance, I'm sorry" Soobin replied politely.

"That's alright, I can teach you" the stranger hooked his arm around Soobin's petite waist, pulling him close without permission.

"S-Senior, I... I really can't dance"

"Are you not feeling well? I can take you home if you'd like..." his tone was getting flirty and Soobin was obviously uncomfortable. He could smell alcohol on the man. He might've been drunk already.

"No, it's okay. I can help myself" Soobin tired to peel the man's hands off him, but he tightened his grip even more.

Soobin looked around, trying to find someone to help him.

Just then, as if his prayers were answered, the man's body's got yanked away from him.

"He's clearly not into you, so back off" Yeonjun pulled the senior by his collar and rewarded him with a punch. The man staggered back and collided with the table, knocking it down. Plates and glass shattered, making everyone look at their direction.

"Thank you, hyung" Soobin turned to look at Yeonjun.

"Let's go" The older took his hand and was about to drag him away from the scene. But the senior was still conscious and grabbed Yeonjun's leg, pulling him down to the ground.

He immediately pinned Yeonjun down and showered him with punches.

"Hyung!" Soobin gasped.

The fight captured everyone's attention. They all surrounded them in a circle to watch. Jay and Soobin tried to pull the senior away to stop the fight.

They finally succeeded, but Yeonjun's face was messed up. He wanted to pounce on the man for revenge.

"Stop it, hyung. That's enough... let's go home, please?" Soobin stopped him.