CHAPTER 14: Birthday Party

The weekend came by faster than expected. A lively party was being held at the Park's mansion to celebrate Jay's 18th birthday. Many guests attended, mostly from Hybe university.

The decorations were top notch. And there were various kinds of food and desserts served on a long table. Snacks and drinks were also available for everyone to enjoy.

The guests seemed to be happy and having fun. The birthday boy was busy as ever, running around making sure everyone was enjoying themselves. Jazz music was playing in the background to set a relaxing mood.

A while later, Jay gave a speech in front of everyone to welcome them to his party and expressed his gratitude to his parents and a couple of other people. The crowd cheered as he stepped down and let everyone resume whatever they were doing.

The music switched to upbeat edm songs, people started gathering to dance eat some more.

Huening Kai arrived late to the party. It was a pain trying to drag his cousin into coming. And he had trouble choosing the right outfit to wear, which took even longer. It was around 8pm when he arrived. As soon as he entered, he saw his best friend, Soobin isolating himself in the corner with a tube of ice cream in his hands.

"Soobin-hyung!! I'm here!! Sorry I took too long"

Soobin turned once he heard Kai's high pitched voice. "Hey. Thought you had decided to ditch me"

"I'm not that kind of person, you know?" The blonde pouted. "Time to grab some food. I'm like, super hungry" He went to get something to eat and sat down next to Soobin.

"Were you all alone before I came?" Kai asked.

"Some people were trying to hit on me... maybe they found me boring cause they left" He murmured.

"You look stunning today, hyung" Kai complimented.

"Thanks. You also look amazing, Kai" Soobin smiled. His eyes wandered off to the crowd, trying to catch a glimpse of a certain senior from the dance department.

'Probably having a dance-off or something' he assumed.

Out of nowhere, Kai suddenly stood up and yelled

"Oh my god I forgot about Taehyun!"

_•_+𝘅+_•_

"Why the hell did I even come here in the first place? So ridiculous" Taehyun stood by himself in the corner. Initially, he wasn't going to come. But after his cousin's persuasion, he found it difficult to say no to Huening's adorable puppy eyes.

Speaking of which, he got lost in the crowd and had no idea where his cousin went. And he didn't intend to search for him either.

Taehyun felt like punching him across the face. He should've known better than to follow Kai and be left alone like this.

Chatting noises, beaming loud music were something Taehyun couldn't stand. The people here had no idea what peace and quiet meant.

Then again, he couldn't really put the blame on them. This was a birthday party of a rich kid, after all.

He gulped his red wine until the last drop and set it down randomly on the long table. If he were to leave now, he could use some spare time to rest and work out some more.

"Huening Kai can go home with whoever he wants. I don't care, I'm leaving. Serves him right for treating me like this"

He didn't get to sing happy birthday, nor see the birthday boy. But Taehyun couldn't careless. I was even thankful he didn't have to face him.