Chapter 26: Jealously

It was now lunch time at HYBE University. Soobin was sitting idly with a daisy in his hands while waiting for his friends to show up.

"I like him...I like him not... I like him... I like him not... i like him... i like him not... i like him... i like him not... i like him..." he alternately counted as he plucked a petal off one by one.

'Does that mean i do like him..? But I shouldn't be deciding based on silly things like this'. he thought about what his manager said the other night; he needed to figure out whether or not he had actual feelings for you-know-who. But up till now, he still wasn't so sure.

A voice came interupting his train of thoughts. "Bin-hyung! What'd you pick them out for? Look at this mess you've made"

"Sorry Hyuka. I'll clean up so don't worry"

The young blonde put down his tray on the table and sat next to him. Taehyun came soon after, sitting across from the two.

"Tae, you came!"

"Hi Taehyun"

They both greeted him. The silverhead just nodded and began to eat.

"Hey, you still haven't told us where you went the night at Jay's party. I was looking all over for you, you know?" said Kai.

"Yeah we were worried sick. Where were you?" Soobin added.

Taehyun rolled his eyes in annoyance. "I said I don't want to talk about it. So quit asking"

"We're just simply worried about you, is that so wrong?"

"I'm still alive and breathing right now. That says enough about my safety"

The other two shared a knowing glance. "Are you avoiding the question because you did something bad?"

"No" Taehyun's answer was quick, too quick it sounded suspicious. The two still wouldn't stop staring so he elaborated. "That night... I was drunk, okay? I passed out in the garden. It's embarassing so I didn't wanna say it. There, happy now?"

To Soobin, those words sounded like noting but excuses. Huening Kai on the other hand, believed it regardless. "Oh so that's what happened! No worries, Taehyun, just be careful when drinking next time"

"You stop inviting me to parties and there will be no next time"

Despite knowing Taehyun was obviously lying to get himself out of the situation, Soobin remained silent. Everybody had secrets they couldn't share. He knew that better than anyone. After all, he was baring lots of secrets of his own.

The trio kept eating their meal peacefully until Kai brought up something.

"Oh yeah. I've got good news"

"What's up?"

"I recently composed a new song on my piano. You guys wanna come by and take a listen?"

"Of course, I'd love to" replied Soobin.

"What about you, Taehyun?"

No replies. The two stared at the white haired again. He didn't seem to be listening to whatever they were discussing about.

"Everything okay over there?"

"Earth to Taehyun?"

Sure enough, he wasn't paying attention to his friends. His eyes wandered across the dining hall. Somewhere not too far away from where they were sitting stood Choi Beomgyu. He was being all touchy with a guy Taehyun knew too well.

Lee Heesung, a freshman from the vocals department and Taehyun's classmate. Oh, boy.

Was he seeing things? Why were they being close all of a sudden? Since when? He tought Beomgyu was serious about loving him and only him.

"Hey, Taehyun!" he finally came back to his senses when Kai slapped his arm.

"Ow! What was that for!?"

"You seemed out of it earlier. Did you even hear a single word I said?"

"Oh, sorry. You were saying?"

"I've composed a new song. Wanna listen?"

"I'm busy" He replied.

"You sure you're okay? We're here for you if there's anything" Soobin chimed in.

"I'm fine. I.. gotta go. Lost my apeptite" with that, the white haired stood up and left without another word.

Kai immediately sulked. "What's up with him? He barely cares about me anymore" he sat his spoon down and stopped eating too.

"Kai-ah, don't be upset. I'm sure he's just busy with something. There will always be another time right?" Soobin patted the blonde's shoulders to comfort him.

"But... at least he should've paid attention to us instead of just walking out like that. What's with that attitude? Is he mad about something?"

The younger couldn't help but feel unsettled of his cousin's behavior despite Soobin's numerous attempts to soothe him.

———————

As for the white haired, he was walking with a storm cloud atop of his head. It wasn't like he didn't care about Kai, it's just that he couldn't stand seeing his ex-boyfriend with someone else.

"Hasn't even been a week since we broke up and he has the audacity to flirt with someone else? So much for all those sickening love confessions"

Though their relationship lasted only a day, and he was practically forced into it, Taehyun found himself feeling uneasy somehow. He couldn't understand himself. It's not like he had feelings for Beomgyu so why was he so jealous?

Taehyun purchased a can of juice from a vending machine and sat down on a bench next to it. "Ridiculous. Out of all people in the campus, he just had too choose my academic rival"

After they've broken up, Taehyun hardly ever seen Beomgyu anywhere. He didn't know where he was, he couldn't care less about his existence anyway. But today, the sight of Beomgyu popped in front of him, holding hands with someone new as if whatever they had never happened. Should he be mad?

They've parted ways, and Beomgyu also promised not to bother him anymore. Why was Taehyun so ticked off then? He felt his head going hot and started plotting revenge his innocent classmate.

As if in cue, the two came walking right in front of where he was sitting. Hand and hand, sharing soft giggles like the stupidest, happiest couple ever. Taehyun's eyes met Beomgyu's for good two seconds, before the later looked away, continuing to talk to Heeseung as if Taehyun didn't exist.

That behavior pissed Taehyun off so bad he squeezed the juice can with one hand until its shape was ruined as he stared at the couple's backs that walked passed.

"All those smiles and memories we shared, the whole day we spent together, playing together, not to mention that kiss ... did they all mean nothing to you?"

Taehyun's fury wasn't jealousy anymore. It was anger, resentment from being betrayed.

"Was he the one using me all this time? Just as I was beginning to feel pity for him, looks like he finally showed his true colors now"

•-.——-+𝘅+——-.-•
To be continued...

•••
Hey peeps! Thanks for waiting and not giving up on this book <3 luv u lots