Chapter 37: Confession?

"And actually... that man isn't my biological father"

Now that, Yeonjun was not aware of.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, technically he is supposed to be my father but.." Soobin struggled to find the right words to explain his family situation. "Due to health issues, the doctor explained he wasn't capable of reproducing a child. My mom, on the other hand, wanted a child so bad that she cheated on my dad to have me with another guy. And yeah... I guess you can say I am the product of my mom's cheating"

"What the hell.." Yeonjun needed to take a moment to digest the information. "Did you ever get to meet your biological dad then?"

"No. And I never wanted to. I'm sure he's an asshole anyway, running away and leaving my mom like that. Then again— my mom still loved and wanted to be with my father, she just wanted a child"

Yeonjun rubbed his temples and took a breather. "They could've just adopted a kid..."

"Then I wouldn't be here existing, and  sleeping with you, no?" Soobin joked, a mechanism he often used to cope with his messed up origin.

"Yeah... I guess" Yeonjun replied. "It's still fucked up how your 'father' treats you, though. Doesn't make him less of an ass"

"I understand he has a valid reason to hate me," said Soobin. "So I never fought back. I've grown up enduring all of it, taking all the beatings and insults to shield my mom. My father's favorite quote says the apple never falls far from the tree, and that I am just like my mom — always shamelessly sleeping around with men" he chuckled a bit after that. "And he's right. I do sleep around with men. But if I didn't then would he even have a roof over his head right now?  He's depressed, unemployed, and spends all the money he can find buying beers! My mom fell seriously sick and has been bedridden in hospital for years... what was I supposed to do..?"

Although he tried to act tough, Soobin's eyes were brimming with tears, ready to fall the moment he blinked. Yeonjun pulled the younger close to comfort him.

"You've been through a lot, Bin-ah"

"Hmm" Soobin leaned into his senior's embrace staining Yeonjun's hoodie with his tears.

"Don't you have siblings?"

That was a dumb question, of course he didn't.

"No... I do have relatives, but they don't live in the city"

Yeonjun leaned down and planted a kiss atop Soobin's forehead. "I'll provide everything you need"

"You mean like my sugar daddy or something?" Soobin laughed. "That doesn't sound good to me"

"I've been giving you money every time you sleep with me, though? So technically I AM your sugar daddy"

"When you put it like that I feel dirty" Soobin murmured. "Enough about me. What about you? You live alone, where are your parents?"

"They're working in France. I'll introduce you to them when the opportunity comes"

Soobin tried to calm down. Yeonjun wanted to introduce him to his parents? As a what, exactly?