𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

A week had past during the month of Tanjiro's and the other's rehabilitation. The slayers were put through grewsome training, that were given by the hashira's due to the lack of demons ever since Nezuko's conquering of the sun.

Throughout those days you also helped Uzui's wives, Suma, Makio and Hinatsuru prepare the meals for the slayers who googled eyes at you as you passed by.

It wasn't until a certain silvernette glared them down till they finally stopped gazing at you and continued eating.

                    •○•□•○•□•○•

[Amane] "You may enter (Y/n)."

You slid the shoji door slowly, meeting the gaze of Amane's dull eyes and worn body of the headmaster that laid on the futon.

[Y/n] "You don't have much time."

You kneeled besides him and held his purple deteriorating hand that slightly twitched at your touch.

[Kagaya] "I could say the same about you...."

Even with his deteriorating body he was still able to smile like nothing has happened..

[Kagaya] "....The time is nearing...and I hope you're prepared."

You opened your mouth to say something but with hesitation. It was as if something was clogged in your esophagus preventing you from speaking further.

Without an response from you, all was heard was silence. The headmaster chuckled tiredly, tilting his head towards you.

[Kagaya] "Do not hesitate....without your sacrafice, there would only be more deaths and loved ones at stake. Including Muichiro's if you do not..."

You clenched your fists tightly without expressing an inch of your mixed emotions.

[Y/n] "I understand, I assume you have a plan then..."

A amused grin grew on his face.

[Kagaya] "....You'd think it's too cruel."

He begins to explain the plan to you, the sacrafice of himself and his family; the reason for such a gruesome sacrafice was all to distract him, Muzan.

You chuckle coldly at the man who laid below you.

[Y/n] "You're too cruel..."

[Kagaya] "Yes...but it is what it is. Now (y/n)."

You looked at him.

[Kagaya] "After my death... I want you to separate from the others and head straight to him immediately.....do not turn back or stop."

[Y/n] "....I understand...."

You said in a lowered voice, hiding the tremble in your voice. With a heavy heart and a bittertaste in your mouth, you left the household.

On your way back you spot Giyuu standing in the middle of the bridge emotionlessly. He stared into the depths of the water, clearly in deep thoughts.

You watched him silently for a couple of minutes till he caught your gaze.

[Giyuu] "If you're here to ask me to help train the others there is no point leave."

As he began to walk away, you began following behind him.

[Y/n] "Why aren't you? Aren't you the water pillar?"

The ravenette stops in his tracks without turning around.

[Giyuu] "I am no longer the water pillar, now leave me alone."

The ravenette glared coldly at you before walking again.