Chapter 2

It was a regular morning. Navalia was sleeping in. She felt tired, as usual, and didn't plan on waking up till someone forced her.

Unfortunately, something forced her.

That something was Eda's staff, Owlbert, smacking her in the head.

"Ow! Edaaaa!!"

She threw her blankets off her, put on her slippers, and went downstairs holding the back of her head in pain. She stormed into the kitchen.

"Eda! You made Owlbert hit me and wake me up!"

"Shouldn't you have already been awake for school?"

They shared brief awkward eye contact. Then they burst out laughing. Luz blinked as she stood there awkwardly.

"I have no idea what's happening."

Navalia looked at her.

"Who are you?"

"You too?!"

"Ohh, so it wasn't a fever dream! Weird outfit."

"Thanks."

"Anyways, I'm going back to sleep."

Unfortunately, she didn't sleep for the amount of time she wanted. Eda burst into her room.

"Navi!"

"Sleeping!"

"Well stop it. I need you to head into town for this."

She dropped a drawing on her face.

"Is that the dagger thingy that rich people really want from the night market?"

"Kinda. It's a fake!"

"Then why would I steal it?"

"Cause it's mine. Someone took it from me since they also wanted to sell it to some dummy."

"Fiiine."

She got up to get ready for the day.

Navalia went splat against a window. The window of a room in the Blight estate, to be specific. Emira's room, to be more specific.

"Valia!"

Emira opened the window for her to climb inside.

"Do you not know how to use doors?"

"This is more fun. Part of my charm, y'know?"

"You're not wrong there. So to what do I owe this unexpected visit on a school day?"

"Hey, you're skipping too. But I require your and Edric's special products."

Edric suddenly bust in, clearly recently awakened from a nap.

"I've been preparing for this for a week!"