Chapter 22

Note: Watched Stranger Things 4 Volume 2 instead of sleeping. I will be wearing black for the rest of the weekend to mourn.

Also, does anyone know if they're gonna make a 5th season or a Volume 3? Because that ending left me confused.

But yeah I might make a story about it if I'm sad enough by the time I finish this one.

Tarak led Luz, Hooty, and Navalia up to the very top floor. He walked them to the door.

"I shall take my leave! Tell Bill I said hi."

He left them and they went inside.

"Hellooo?"

In the room, there were many randomly placed weapons. Luz would pick them up to check them out, but the ones she grabbed ended up broken or useless.

They heard a small but angry old man voice at the end on the room.

"Tarak? Is that you? I told you to stop rummaging through my stuff!"

A small old guy was sitting on an armchair with a horn-looking thing next to him.

"Tarak isn't here. It's just us."

Luz cleared her throat and bowed.

"Greetings, my name is—"

"Eh?!"

"Luz, he's old. Be louder."

"Oh. Gotcha."

She got closer to the tube horn thing and spoke louder.

"Greetings! We lowly travelers beg for an audience with the great Bill! Mayhaps we might perchance to venture to uh—"

"Oh for the love of— Tarak sent you, didn't he?"

Navalia cut in before Luz could use weird words again.

"He did. Sorry about her weird use of words, she's just like that. He said you were the boss around here. Also his friend."

"He says hi!"

"Of course he does. Whaddaya want?"

"I'm here to ask if you could lend me and my allies your warriors. Emperor Belos of the Boiling Isles is planning a mass murd—"

"Ha! That old chump of the carcass kingdom? He's no big deal. I've got battle scars older than his reign as emperor! Wanna see?!"

"No. No we do not. But please understand Bill, a lot of people are in incredible danger, and they just don't see it."

"Hoot! That guy is straight up malicious!"

"Don't worry. We'll help."

"Huh. Way easier than I thought."

"Wait for it, Luz. You can't ever trust an easy barter."

Bill stood in his armchair and proved her point.