Chapter 3

Navalia took a break from theft today.

Well, not willingly. It was Covention day, so there wasn't exactly anything worthwhile to steal.

But still, it was a nice break.

Luz and her new witch friends dragged her, Eda, and King to go see it. Since Maverick was but an alter ego, Navalia went in a long dark green skirt, a grey blouse, and her green gem necklace that looked similar to the one Eda wore on a daily basis.

In other words, as a civilian.

Luz was already in awe from the moment they walked in, her eyes sparkling with naive youthful curiosity.

"Wow! Acceptance? Camaraderie? A sense of belonging?! Covens sound incredible! Nav, Eda, why haven't you guys joined one?"

"Well, I'm a little to young for that yet."

"And watch closely there. When you join a coven, all your other magic is completely sealed away. From now on, that branded kid over there can only do illusion magic."

"And since neither of us joined a coven, we have no limits! We can do any kind of magic we want!"

"Which is why I'm the most powerful witch in the Boiling Isles with this little shit as my close second."

"One day, Eda."

The little illusion boy that Luz made friends with went over to the arena entrance.

"It's the Emperor's Coven! You think they'll sign my forehead?!"

The one with green hair giggled.

"Let's go find out!"

They ran to the entrance, Luz following them.

"You guys coming?"

"Hell no! They suck the most out of all the other covens!"

"We'll wait here. Go have fun."

Luz caught up with her friends. Not even five seconds after she left, Eda grabbed Navalia by the arm and ran in.

"They're lookin' for me!"

"You could've just told me!"

They sat near Luz, hoping to blend in with the crowd.

They sat through a weird self promo/recruiting thing for the Emperor's Coven. For some reason, the principal of Hexide was Emceeing the event.

"And now, I am pleased to introduce the esteemed leader of this fine coven and this year's mystery guest! Ya know her, ya love her, Lilith!!!"

Eda and Navalias eyes widened.

"For real? I didn't know she became head."

"You guys know her?"

"You...could say that."

"That's Eda's-"