Chapter 5

The moment that Navalia and Luz got back to the house, Navalia was plotting.

There was no way in hell she was going to lose another mom, and she was ready to fight and/or kill whoever she needed to in order to save her.

She dipped into her emergency reserves of Blight Twin Tomfoolery (the company name of Ed and Em's special store) and washed her costume. One must always look their best when acting on rage and vengeance.

Luz did the same, ready to help. King insisted on going too, so they got the Baby Bjorn ready as well.

Since Eda was being held at the Conformatorium to be petrified, the fastest way to get there was to get arrested.

Therefore, King, Luz, and Navalia did something so horrifying, so terrible, and so despicable...

Walking. On restricted. Grass.

Ludicrous, I know.

But it worked!

When they arrived, Warden Wrath was ready to greet them. He was about to open the doors when-

"Luz! Attack!"

They burst open, and the warden got trampled by tree. Navalia jumped out and whacked a guard into the ceiling using Cthulhu.

Luz restrained the warden in ice. Navalia held her staff to his neck.

"Where's Eda?"

"Dungeon holding cell!"

Luz shoved a pencil and paper in his face.

"Draw us a map, hoe!!"

"Don't worry about that. I know where it is. Let's go!"

They ran off, King blowing raspberries at the warden from the Baby Bjorn on Luz's back.

They had no time to waste, so whenever guards would come at them, Navalia would either set them on fire or wash them away with a tsunami. They made it in good time.

"King, watch the door for us, ok?"

He nodded with a "weh!" Luz and Navalia went in. The room was dark. In every corner, there were strange and disturbing torture devices.

In the very center of the room was the Owl Beast.

"Eda!"

They ran towards her. But Eda couldn't recognize them. They knew because the Owl Beast screeched and attempted to attack.

Luz activated a light glyph.

"Eda! It's us! Luz and Navalia!"

The beast's black eyes turned into Eda's amber ones.

"What?! Navi?! Luz?! You're not supposed to be here! No... no no no no!"

"Relax, we've come to break you out."