Chapter 11

It was another late night at the Night Market. Lots of illegal selling, limited edition products, and traveling vendors.

Plus, the Maverick was at work tonight. However, it was a little eccentric.

She was out for two reasons tonight: to find a replacement cloak, and to show off her new goggles.

The goggles she stole from the museum that one time didn't require the need for a face mask. When you put them on, they'd create a really cool gold-and-green mask that covered the whole face. They also had these really cool horns.

When Luz first saw it before Navalia went out she said "ok, giving Star Lord with the Loki aesthetic."

Navalia only barely knew what that meant, since Luz had been teaching her human pop culture.

But anyways, the Maverick had been going around stealing and examining cloaks then throwing them on the ground, since none of them were good enough for her.

In the midst of her search, the Golden Guard butted in. Unfortunately.

Currently, they were having it out above the night market, disappearing and reappearing in green and gold blurs.

They reappeared and and used their staffs as if they were swords. Navalia remembered that Luz would describe this as a "light saber fight."

She decided to use her knowledge of Star Wars against the Golden Guard.

Maverick teleported to the highest possible rooftop nearby. The Golden Guard teleported to the one next to her, which was slightly lower.

"It's over, Goldie! I have the high ground!"

"You underestimate my power!"

"Huh. I wonder if he knows Star Wars or if it's just a weird coincidence."

The Golden Guard launched himself up towards the rooftop ledge where the Maverick had been standing. She waited until the last minute to teleport right behind him and kick him to the floor.

She wasted no time in holding him down there.

"Listen closely. I did not come here in search of fights with some deranged teen in a poor knockoff Moon Knight costume."

"The fuck is a Moon Knight."

"A really hot vigilante with three personalities. But that's not important!"

She doused him with another slow motion potion.

"You're going to leave me the hell alone for the next hour while I go get myself a new cloak, since mine was left on that stupid Imperial ship. I don't wanna hear from you till I get it, understand?"

"Fuck you."

"In your dreams, babe. Byyyeee!!"

She jumped off the roof, bounced off a shop tent, and landed on the ground.

"Now. Where can I find a decent cloak so then people stop looking at my dump truck ass in these sort-of tight pants? Ooh, I'll ask Jeremy!"