Chapter 21

The end of the Emperor's large green goo arm
sharpened and took a blade like form. Navalia looked at him straight in the eye, absolutely infuriated by the mere existence of this man and his actions.

Her walkie-talkie buzzed on the ground, away from them. She could hear Luz's voice, asking if she was ok so they could activate the spell to get her out.

Navalia had to ignore it, since the Emperor's bladed hand was coming straight at her. Green magic circles hovered around her wrists.

Just before she could perform any kind of magic, a wall of ice and plants shot up in front of her, protecting Navalia from the hit.

"What the—?!"

"Navalia!!!"

She looked up to see Hunter on her side of the wall, clutching her cloak in one hand and a fistful of glyphs in the other. Her eyes teared up, so extremely happy to see him alive.

"Hunter!!!"

He jumped down and scooped her up in his arms. Unable to process this right now, Navalia blasted a green ray in the wall for Hunter to go through.

As they ran past Belos, she conjured a bow and arrow made of pale green magic and shot an arrow at the Emperor's monster arm as a distraction.

Luz was making the final countdown. Hunter tripped and he fell, dropping Navalia. She picked up the walkie-talkie and the two of them clung to one another.

"Guys, now! Get us out now!"

A bright light shone like before, and they ended up in the living room of the Owl House, panting. Navalia turned to Hunter, teary eyed and hugged him the tightest she's ever hugged him before.

"You're alive!!!"

He hugged her just as tight with no hesitation.

"I was so scared I lost you..."

"Me too..."

Their palismen came up to them. Hunter's eyes shot open and he gasped.

"He knows. Navalia, he knows we were in there! I can't... I can't go back!"

He started to hyperventilate. Navalia put her hands on his shoulders.

"Hunter, breathe. He won't touch you ever again, I swear on my life, he won't ever get you again."

Panicking, he stood up and threw his cloak on the floor.

"I'm sorry, I... I have to leave!!"

He ran out of the house. Navalia went after him.

"Hunter!!"

Eda took her arm and held her back.

"Hey, wait just a minute!"

"No time! Flapjack!"

The bird flew up to her.

"If he doesn't want to come back, lead him to the school and stay in the theater until I come get you guys, ok? They won't find you there. And you take care of him, ok? We saw a lot in there..."