Chapter 4

Navalia wanted no drama today. She just wanted a bland, painfully ordinary, soul nulling day.

Therefore, she went to school.

Naturally, she didn't learn anything. But she turned in a bunch of her missing assignments. Some teachers attempted to giver her the generic "you could have so many more opportunities if you just tried more" speech, but she walked out before it could be given.

She gave the new trouble smelling people some trouble, setting their robes on fire, covering them in griffin hormones, replacing their weird shepherds staffs for flesh eating worms.

Harmless fun.

"Naviiiii!"

"Eda? What are you doing here? Isn't going back to school your worst nightmare?"

"Yeah, don't mind that for now. Wanna go exorcise some locker room ghosts?"

"...I'd rather be in detention."

"Pleeeease! I have to do this or Luz doesn't get to go to school here!"

"Good cause, but no. I have to go do illusion class stuff with Ed and Em. But just know I did release a banshee in the locker room you're about to go clean. Byyyeee!"

"That's my girl."

Navalia sat at the steps of her school, waiting for Luz since Eda wanted her there just in case.

"Valiaaa!"

"Hey."

"Are you here to give me a tour of the school through a catchy optimistic song?!"

"Ha! No. I'm just taking you to Bumps office. Also, just a word of advice. This is definitely not going to be in any way like you think it'll be. So don't think this is gonna be like those human fantasies of yours."

"That's kinda depressing."

"I know. But hey, if you get bored, come find me."

"Kay! Bye bye!"

Just as she was going to find a class to sneak into, Edric and Emira spawned before Navalia.

"Hi bestiiie."

"So we're like, really bored with illusions right now."

"And we were wondering if-"

"I could use the hidden magic door system my landlord-slash-stepmother discovered to show you what the other magic tracks you're interested in are doing?"

They nodded.

"Alright, come with me."

"Yay!"

Navalia drew a trapdoor in the floor and pulled it open. The three of them hopped in and gained access to the network of magic doors.

"Knock yourselves out."

The twins squealed and went to search for the right door. Navalia decided to just put random bombs in random places to see what would happen.