You sneak into his room

Oh, what a day. You just had to offer to help Finny, didn't you? On one hand, you're glad you did because the young boy definitely needed the assistance. On the other hand, however, you were now regretting it. 

Ciel left for the afternoon to go... somewhere. Regardless, Pluto had been allowed to roam around the property in order to expend all of his pent up energy during Ciel's leave. Since Sebastian had accompanied the young master, and since Mey-Rin and Baldroy were busy with the inside chores, that left poor Finny with the draining responsibility of controlling Pluto and ensuring that he didn't get into trouble. 

Naturally, you couldn't leave Finnian all alone with such a hefty task, and so your kind heart naively offered to help. 

As of now, Pluto had been running around for three hours, and he's managed to get lost twice. Thankfully, both times, either you or Finny found him within 15 minutes, but you still had a nervous inkling that Pluto caused problems during his collective half hour of pure freedom. 

Nonetheless, the dog's fun time had come to an end. Ciel would be returning soon which meant that Pluto had to go back on his leash. At least he was cooperative about it. 

Haha... he wasn't. 

While he was running away, whimpering and yowling like his life depended on it, Finny tackled him to the ground and managed to slip the collar back on. You'd like to pretend that you were just as helpful, but unfortunately, you just ended up falling into some mud when you tried to chase the dog. It was probably for the best. Your speed couldn't even begin to compare to Pluto's, and you might've accidentally been trampled if you tried. 

"C'est la vie," You reminded yourself, wiping off all the excess mud you could. Finny seemed to have the rest under control, so you chose to change clothes and simply return to your work. 

Or at least that was the plan. As soon as you entered your room for a new, non-muddied dress, you discovered one of the places Pluto decided to visit for playtime. 

All of your clothes, linens, and bedsheets were completely shredded. If it wasn't decorated with a claw mark, then there was a stylish bite taken out of it accompanied by some leftover saliva. 

...

...

...

...Well, this was... interesting. There's no way that you could keep wearing this muddied mess, you absolutely had to change! ...But Pluto spared not even one of your outfits... and no offense to Mey-Rin, but you were not going to wear one of the puffy maid dresses... 

So that left you with only one option...

~

You didn't like the phrase "sneaking into Ciel's room" but you certainly weren't trying to get caught while doing so. There was an innocent enough reason behind your actions. After all, what lord would want his lady to remain in soiled clothes? 

See? It was as if Ciel already gave you his blessing. 

 So once you covertly entered his room to steal—ahem, borrow his clothes, you chose to do some reconnaissance. You had to survey the room to ensure that Pluto didn't destroy anything else lest you and Finny feel Ciel's wrath. The room seemed fine enough as it was. You looked through his closet, and nothing was chewed up nor were there any claw marks to be seen, so it was probably safe to assume that Pluto never entered the room.

 You opened his bedside drawers to be extra sure since you didn't want to risk any hidden paperwork possibly being chewed up. And although you didn't find any chewed up paperwork, you did find some other interesting items. 

Quite a few actually. 

For one, there was a framed photo of the two of you from a Christmas or two ago inside. You remembered that... 

You didn't think Ciel would've. 

You also found the necklace you gave him on your anniversary. The one with the royal blue chess pendant... As much as you liked the idea of him valuing it, you honestly thought it would have been long forgotten by now amidst his endless riches and trinkets. But it wasn't. 

Your heart began to swell with joy. He did care about the little things. 

You also found a letter from the queen? An old letter. Normally, you wouldn't even think about reading such a confidential document—this was his job—but for him to keep such an old letter with his personal belongings was odd. You grazed the first few sentences—enough to get a gist, not enough to breach confidentiality—and you quickly realized that it must have been the letter the queen first sent about protecting you when you were... when you were a target, before you two first met. 

He kept that? 

Your curiosity gets the better of you, and before you know it, you're rummaging through his drawers and you can't blame Pluto anymore. You found some photographs of you inside... 

Some were of you just being carefree within the manor, unaware of the camera. Others were photographs of you during a party. You knew the photographer was taking them, but you didn't know that Ciel had gotten his hands on them. 

You flipped through a few more and saw some of you and Lizzy or you and Phantom. But they all had you... And then you found a photograph of just Sebastian, and you suddenly became less flattered and more confused. 

There was one thing left in the drawer once you set the pictures aside. It was a well-kept notebook, and the way it was fashioned, it almost looked like a... diary? 

...

...

... 

You knew you shouldn't. 

... 

...

...

But you really wanted to. 

...

...

... 

Should you open it? 

(A/N: You guys are the reader, what should you do?)