He confesses

The queen had announced that Lady (Y/N) was no longer in need of my protection. Apparently the hit man and person whom ordered the (L/N) family's death had been apprehended. 

     Unfortunately, after some time I realized love truly was the poison that entered my system, making me feel this way towards (Y/N). But how could that even be? I'm betrothed to Elizabeth. 

    Speaking of her, I almost forgot, I got a letter some time ago from her father that I have yet to look at. 

   I got out the letter and I was astonished. 

  ' Dear Lord Phantomhive, 

       I regret to inform you that Lady Elizabeth has found a more fitting suitor. 

    As much as I would still like to keep in the family, a young man had made an offer that was too generous to refuse. Someone else has recently asked to take Lady Elizabeth's hand in marriage. 

   I truly hope this won't ruin the ties between the Phantomhive's and Midford's, however the wedding between Ciel Phantomhive and Elizabeth Midford is cancelled; along with any ties regarding the marriage. 

      -Sincerely Midford Alexis '

    The engagement was...broken. Beautiful timing. Although I wonder how Elizabeth would be taking it; I mean this was quite sudden. 

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          I had requested a meeting that (Y/N) had accepted. I had asked her to come over at a certain date and time for tea. 

   Today was the day she would be coming over and I was planning to confess. I already had Sebastian prepare a cake for my rejection. I was only her protector, she surely wouldn't feel the same way; even I thought these feelings towards her were ridiculous. 

     Sebastian knocked on the door to my study and let (Y/N) inside. 

   "Ciel what made you want to see me? I thought for sure I would have to invite you over to my manor first!" She exclaimed as she claimed a chair next to my laid out chess board. 

   "Yes, well I wanted to see how you were doing, I suppose." I replied taking a seat parallel to her. 

    "I am doing quite well, what about yourself?" 

   "Perfectly fine. I assume you know chess?" I asked motioning towards the board. 

   "I know most of the basics to the game... otherwise, I don't know how to play." She admitted. 

   "Well, practice makes perfect as it's said, yes?" 

   "Yeah!" She cheered before making a move.

  "That's an illegal move..." I noted.

   "Oh!" She yelped before switching the pieces placement. 

   In the end of the game, as predicted, I won. "Checkmate." 

   "Ugh, and you were barely even trying Ciel." (Y/N) pouted. 

   "I didn't need to try, you were easy to beat." I stated plainly. 

  "You take that back!" She gasped. 

   "It's true though," 

   "Well then, I guess I need to come here more often to get better at this so I can beat you." She said. 

     "Um, Lady (Y/N) there was actually another reason I wanted to meet with you here." I announced, getting ready to tell her. She hummed in response, as she seemed to be studying the chess board. "Over the course of the time we have spent together I have managed to gain feelings for you." I spoke as calmly as I could, "I would wish to start a relationship with you." Why did I state this like a business discussion?! Her head perked up. 

    "Huh? A relationship?! B-but you're betrothed Lord Phantomhive, w-why would y-y-y-you be asking me such a question?!" She shouted, bewildered. 

    "My marriage with Lady Elizabeth is no longer. As for why I like you, I have no idea of that for myself." Nice, that's exactly what you say to somebody. I wouldn't even blame her for rejecting me now! 

   "I would be lying if I said I had no new feelings for you during my stay..." She trailed off. "I would like to be in a relationship with you too, Ciel." She responded, averting her gaze as her cheeks flared red.