When he's playful

A hideous laughter roared throughout the manor, echoing after each bellow. Ciel, standing still-petrified-, held a blank look on his face, confused as to how to react. His mind couldn't even think straight, the only thing that got passed the thick layer of confusion blocking his brain was the singular question: Why? 

     The last words she had said kept replaying in his mind, almost like a mental beating. "Ciel... I'm leaving you for Alois...". 

   Her actions mirrored her words for (Y/N) was beside the thief, linking her arm with his and snuggling up to his shoulder, a sorrowful and apologetic look on her face. Alois, however, didn't share the same feelings of pity for he wore a taunting smirk and was laughing without remorse. 

    This could not be happening. 

    And it wasn't. 

 A loud boom of thunder woke up Ciel from his nightmare. 

...It was just a dream. 

 (Y/N) was still with him, not Alois~. It wasn't real! 

     Looking about the room, he got out of bed, unable to tell if it was morning yet or still night. Regardless, Ciel left his room and headed toward (Y/N)'s.

     Despite the darkness making it hard to see, Ciel could still tell that when he arrived at (Y/N)'s room, she wasn't there. 

     "She must already be awake, then." muttered Ciel. 

     Walking toward his study this time, he began to remember his horrible nightmare. That damn Trancy brat... 

   Reaching the room, he found that you were already peacefully working. Without thinking, he gave a sigh of relief. 

   "Morning Ciel!" You cheered. And then it was like his heart took a sigh... Her voice, that cheer. He seemed to be more appreciative of it today. Practically every little thing she did, he regarded it as unique and his. 

   The way she scanned her paperwork and tapped her pen on the desk... The way she sighed dramatically each time she read a tiresome report... The sound of her light humming when she accidentally trailed off into her own thoughts... 

   Every single detail about her became something he was obsessed with. He was so at ease observing the girl that he somehow managed to neglect his own work just so that he could watch her. 

~2nd P.O.V~

   After a couple of hours, you were officially fed up with all of the paperwork. Leaning back in your chair, almost falling off in the process, you tilted your head back to look toward Ciel. Although he was upside down, you could tell clear as day that he was staring at you. Odd... It wasn't quite that annoyed stare he usually gave when you made too much noise... It looked more calm and dazed. 

    "I think it's time for a break..." You began. On an average day, those words would make Ciel glare at you or complain about how you've only been working for a few hours. Either that, or he'd tell you that you could take a break and he would simply bask in the silence for once. Teasingly, of course... you hope.  

    But not this time, this time he was quiet and he just continued to stare at you. 

    "Are you alright, Ciel?" You asked, he seemed to snap out of whatever drug Sebastian must've slipped into his drink. 

     "Hmm? ...I'm fine. So, you want a break? Come over here, then, and I'll ask Sebastian to make some tea and cakes." He replied, acting like everything was normal. 

    Deciding to bypass it, you stood up from your seat and journeyed to Ciel's desk. 

     "Have you even done any of your work today?" You asked, quite shocked actually. Peering at his workload, you noticed all of his papers were in one large pile in the middle of his desk. Not even the smallest slip of paper was put off to the side in what you had always presumed to be a "Completed" pile.