One year anniversary

One year. You've been with Ciel for a whole year... It doesn't sound like much when it's initially said; it would still sound like you two were a new couple. Yes, one year sounded so inaccurate. You felt as if you've known him for 3, or maybe 5, or... possibly a lifetime.  

    With all you've experienced with him this past year, you could barely imagine what life had been like without him. How did you do things before you met him? What did you do all day when annoying Ciel hadn't been an option? Maybe you went outside more...?  

    One whole year. Despite how inaccurate it sounded and how little time it truly was, it still sounded so beautiful to you. 

     Upon waking up, the very first thought to flood your mind had been your anniversary. Immediatly, being filled with adrenaline and excitement wasn't the best wake up call, but you were luckily able to calm yourself down after your brain decided to revisit some fond memories. 

    Holding your knees up to your chest, you replayed the happiest and most comical moments you had with him in your head. 

      A smile sneaked its way to your face at the recollections. Your first kiss, the time he got jealous, your first date, even all the fights you've had. One year... 

     Tilting your head to the left, you caught sight of your nightstand; this seemed to trigger a more resent memory. "Royal blue..." You mumbled. You continued to stare at the nightstand; slowly but surely, you were drifting out of your daze. 

    You see, a couple weeks ago, you had bought him a necklace with a royal blue, king chess piece pendant. You were simply looking around town and examining the stores in boredom when you found it. The royal blue caught your eye and reminded you of his own, causing you to pay more attention to it, and from then on, the necklace just seemed to fit him more and more. 

     You had been hiding the gift inside the drawer of your nightstand, hoping no one would notice it. Luckily, so far, no one has. 

   Inching toward your nightstand, you were just fingertips away from the wood before the sound of your bedroom door opening caused you to pause; for some reason you didn't want Sebastian to see it either.  

    Sadly, you had been at the edge of the bed when you abruptly stopped, resulting in your balance being horribly unstable and the bed's end being terribly unreliable; in short, you fell to the floor. 

   "My Lady, are you hurt!" Sebastian ran to your side in worry. Knelling down, he offered you his hand. 

   "No, I'm fine. Thank you, Sebastian." You grunted, taking his hand. 

       "Good." After taking a small glace at his pocket watch, he continued, "I'm glad to see that you are already awake. Breakfast is waiting downstairs." 

      You nodded in acknowledgement before following him to the kitchen. After all, it would be too troublesome to take the gift with you to breakfast; hiding it would be a pain. 

   ~ 

     Once breakfast had ended, you retreated to your room. Carefully looking around the entire area, you confirmed that no one was there. Slowly pulling out the draw, you snatched the gift and slowly pushed it back in, hoping not to make a single sound.

     Glancing down at the gift, you noticed it's (F/C) wrapping. It still confused you to this very moment, how you managed to wrap the necklace's box without anyone in the house knowing; sorcery? 

      Taking one final glance at the box, you concealed it in your hand. Funny thing about the colours, some people might look at it and think you wanting or having control of him since your color completely covers his own, but you see the colours in a much more gentle way. To you, your colour was your heart and his colour was him; simply put, he's inside your heart.