Cute Couple Things

Unbeknownst to you, Ciel actually could be quite adorable sometimes. As we all know, Ciel is a lovely, little tsundere. Unfortunately, that makes affection very foreign to him, and he tends to become quite flustered when he gets caught showing it. Rather than blatantly admit that he wants to spend more time with you, Ciel instead opts out for a discreet form of manipulation. 

 It was a little past 2 o'clock in the manor when Ciel began to loathe his work. Once again, it had been one of those rare days in which you were neither annoying him nor completing your own work. Either way, he missed you. The room felt so bare and cold with just him in it. I mean, sure, his demon was here, but Sebastian didn't count. This feeling was normal to Ciel, and it used to engulf the entire manor. He was fine with it. But it left when you came. There was finally someone else in the manor besides the servants. 

Sebastian used to ease the barrenness when Ciel was alone, but now he only seemed to be a part of the emptiness--blending into it. Nowadays, whenever he felt this familiar chill, he choked. Frankly, he wanted to hurl. 

 Today was no different. He despised his work right now. It was the only thing keeping him from you. Responsibility was aggravating. Thankfully, nothing was from the Queen, so Ciel felt as though it would be no matter had he left it for another day. And so, that's exactly what he did. It wasn't too terrible to indulge and act like a child every now and again, was it? The answer didn't matter, he would deal with the consequences tomorrow. 

 Until then, he knew exactly where you were: The library. On your days off, that's often where he would find you. If you weren't there, typically you would be helping the servants with their chores around the house. However, given the fact that Ciel still heard the periodic crash, shriek, and sounds of destruction, he gathered that you probably weren't with them. And that worked out in his favor. 

 You see, whenever Ciel missed you (and you were in the library), he would pretend to be searching for a book or archive pertaining to his work. He would scope the shelves and loiter near your chair as he grabbed a book, flipped through its pages, and put it back. He also made sure to hum or grunt lightly so that he would constantly be gaining your attention. 

 Why? 

"Ooh! Ciel, come here! I'm reading a wonderful book! I think you'd like it!" You called, peering at him from behind your large, reading chair. You always thought you were sly when you did this. Ciel knew it, too. You thought that you were cleverly distracting him from his work so that you could cuddle up to him as you read, oblivious to the fact you were being played--played like a fiddle. 

 "...I--am looking for... something..." He would drawl out in response, a finger grazing the spines of the books. A filthy lie. You, in turn, would just press harder. 

"It'll be quick! At least let me read you this passage!" You exclaimed lively. 

 "...Alright," He said, taking his finger away from the shelf and relinquishing his attention to you. 

 You would always give off the biggest grin when he would start to walk over to you. He usually started off behind or at the side of your chair. The passage soon came to an end, and hesitantly you would admit it, "...and that's the end of that part. Isn't the story great! Ooh! Please, can I read you another one? It's another great scene!" You asked. He agreed. You always left your first 'short passage' off on a cliffhanger in the hopes that Ciel would ask for the next part. Once again, you weren't sly; Ciel knew. Of course, he would have allowed you to continue, regardless. After all, he was never here for the book. 

Slowly, as your second 'short passage' turned into a chapter, Ciel would gradually move himself onto the chair. Occasionally, you would invite him to sit next to you, other times, he'd just slip down the arm of the chair; sometimes, it was intentional... sometimes not so much. 

 It was so relaxing for Ciel to calm down and be with you. He enjoyed being right next to you and being able to simply enjoy the day. Ask him any other time and he would think that such a feeling was foolish and that 'enjoying the moment' was both a fantasy and laziness. But now... all he wanted to do was laze about and read your book with you. 

 He especially loved your occasional glances to the side. Each time you would look at him, you held a little smirk on your face that you thought you concealed quite well. You thought you were so cunning to have tricked the Young Lord into a taking break and a snuggle session. Ciel found your expression so humorous and cute with the way you seemed so proud. 

 Every once in a while, perhaps once a month, you would fall unconscious while reading the book. You words would fade in and out until your voice diminished, lips moving slowly--inaudible--before coming to a full stop. You would mumble for minutes before you actually fell asleep, but when you did, Ciel lacked the heart to wake you. Often, he would allow himself to fall asleep too. 

 Ciel would much rather let Sebastian consume his soul than admit to you that each trip to the library was intentionally because he knew this would happen.