The Birthday Party

Whilst walking downstairs for lunch, I had been suddenly bombarded by the servants. They huddled around me like a group of reporters, preventing me from moving forward. 

     "Young master, may we please go to the party? Since it's Lady (Y/N) and all?" Finny asked, eyes shimmering like crystals.

     "Yes! Can we?" 

      "Please?" 

     Their pleas were followed with a hopeful stare, something that was soon to fade. 

      "Don't you have work to do?" I asked. Just as predicted, their hope was replaced with worry. No words were needed to confirm my question, the answer was clear. "You still have work to complete and you seem to think you have time for a party?" 

    "We promise we'll finish it!" Bard's hands were pressed together as if he was praying; in that moment I saw nearly no difference between him and a begging child. 

     Deciding to give their request slight consideration, I paused for a few seconds until I stumbled across what would be my final decision, "If you can clean the entire manor as you're supposed to, you can go." Not even letting me finish, they began celebrating. Disrespectful. "However," Freezing in place and returning their attention to me, I continued. "...You'll have to release Pluto to watch over the manor while we're away, meaning you all must leave early to clean up after him, and put everything back into working order before I return." I finished, allowing them to either celebrate or frown. 

     However, neither had been done, for they appeared to be awaiting my next statement, "Do you still wish to go?".

   Despite the conditions, they all nodded happily, "So we can go?" Eyes once more filled with hope, they tried to contain their excitement this time 'round. 

    "Only if you finish the work. Of course, if you're hoping to do that, you should probably start now." In a sudden spark of realization, they all quickly fled in different directions. The only question now would be: can they complete the work correctly. 

    In the end, they did complete their work, and just as promised, they were all allowed to go to the party. After Fantom and Pluto had been let out, free to watch over the manor and defend against any intruders, everyone boarded the carriage of which had been waiting outside. 

   The party had been far too crowded for my liking, but the servants didn't seem to care. Running off to do their own activities, they soon faded out of my view, merely getting lost in the sea of people. I couldn't care less. 

    Sebastian would get them together when it was time for them to leave and I had enough faith in them to not do anything severely idiotic. Sticking close to the wall and hoping to not get noticed more than necessary, I simply listened to the violin that one of (Y/N)'s butlers had been playing. 

 ~2nd P.O.V~

   A party that was once filled with life and interaction, had now decreased to a dull roar. Lizzie, Sebastian, Paula, Ciel, and yourself were the only ones present at the moment.

   A party circling it's 4th hour would be quite dull as one would suspect, yet somehow you still had yet to burn off all of the energy from the birthday treats you had digested throughout the night. 

    In shorter terms, you had lots of energy left. 

      The ball room floor had been devoid of any guests meaning you and Elizabeth had the area all to yourselves. Both of you seemed to be in agreement that dancing together would obviously be the best way to use it. 

     After asking Sebastian if he wouldn't mind playing one of the songs that your staff had previously prepared for tonight (and receiving an 'it would be my honor'), you assumed the position of the male while Elizabeth assumed the female. 

      Just for the fun of it, you both decided to alternate between the male and female roles, making the dance highly uncoordinated and quite clumsy, but nonetheless, fun. 

~

    When the song neared its end, you twirled Elizabeth for the last time just as Sebastian played the final note. After exchanging a bow and a curtsy, you turned your sights over to Ciel, whom had been dwelling in the shadows. 

     "Ciel! Won't you dance with me? I know you've already become great friends with the wall paper but I would like another dance!" You called out. 

      Ciel appeared to shrink back at the mere mention of the word 'dance'. "Come on! Sebastian danced with Paula, I think you can dance with me." You shouted, giggling uncontrollably. Being as tipsy as you were from all the wine and other alcoholic beverages you had, you didn't feel like taking no for an answer. 

     Walking from the middle of the ballroom floor over to the corner of the room, a place Ciel had left about 3 times tonight, you grabbed his hand and dragged him back to the center. 

     Sebastian appeared to have been one step ahead of you, for he began to play the next song. 

     Placing one of Ciel's hands on your waist and the other on your shoulder, you made the first move, expecting him to make the next.

   Thankfully, he did. 

     Moving to the beat of the music, you merrily danced with Ciel, inhaling his scent. 

   Every minute felt like a second as your sense of time disappeared, until sadly, the dance came to an end, something you forgot would ever happen. Nonetheless, you curtsied while he bowed; a very important part of dance etiquette, "Thank you, Ciel!" A large smile covered your face, your own eyes barely able to stay open because of it. 

     You knew how hard it must've been for him to actually engage in such activities, especially with Lizzie and Paula nearby. You were thankful for this. However, suddenly and surprisingly, Ciel took hold of your hand before placing a small wrapped box on top of your palm. Tilting your head to the side, you inspected the object while Ciel talked, "Happy Birthday."

    "Really? A gift?", opening it carefully, you peered inside, only to be met with a golden heart pendant adorning a thin chain. "A necklace?" You asked, taking it out of the box and examining it with a gentle smile. 

     "A locket." He corrected. Furrowing your eyebrows, you tried prying open the pendant. 

    Inside the locket had been two gorgeous pictures on display. A beautifully perfect gift. On the left side, there had been a picture of Ciel holding Fantom, not a single trace of disgust or discomfort on his face; of course, no smile either.

    On the right... on the right side was a picture of him and you; a smile on your face and a light dust of red on his face. A smile subconsciously made its way to your lips again as tears traveled to your eyes. The tears may have been a result of the alcohol or a result of the gift and the thought that went into it, but it didn't really matter, "Thank you!"

     Putting the locket on and trapping Ciel in a tight embrace, he wrapped his arms awkwardly around you, returning the sweet hug. "You're very welcome."

    A nice birthday all together. 

    (A/N: This is a continuation of the previous chapter! Sorry it came out so late compared to the previous one. I did not intend to spend this much time on this one. Either way, I hope you liked it. Have a good day.)