He gets kidnapped

While the day was still quite young at only 10:30 a.m., a dangerous scheme was taking place. Quietly and undetected was a man bathed in black, sneaking into the manor.  Stealthily entering through a window, he remained silent and unknown as he crept into the Earl's study.

  Rendering the young boy unconscious, he took off with him. The only trace the person had left, was a slip of paper placed on Ciel's desk. 

     An hour or so passed before Ciel's disappearance was known. Sebastian had journeyed to Ciel's study to serve his afternoon tea, but upon entering the room, found his master absent. With a window noticeably open and a fresh breeze entering, the reason for the Earl's absence  became obvious.

      Briefly examining the room, giving no attention to the note left behind by the man, mistaking it for one of Ciel's papers, he searched for clues as to where his young lord was taken. After obtaining the information he needed, he left to investigate the rest of the manor.

      The paper had remained untouched. 

      As one of the better books you were reading came to an end, you decided to annoy Ciel like usual. There was no word in advance that he had been attending to any business per the Queen's demand, company's need, or simple errands. In theory, Ciel should've been in his study. 

      Walking toward the room and opening the door, you had been surprised to find the room empty. Sebastian had yet to tell you about the kidnapping and neglected to shut the window. Since the wind had been allowed full access to the manor, the room was uncomfortably cool. Within the time it was open, the wind had also managed to carry the note to the ground, causing it to stand out. 

      Curiosity enveloping you, you walked over to the paper before picking it up and reading it. 

      "Sebastian, I haven't seen Ciel in a little bit, do you know where he is?" Ciel's absence was incredibly suspicious, causing you to interrogate Sebastian for some answers. 

      "He is in private, working on his files, My Lady." He assured. You already knew he was lying; not from the way he said it, this butler was awesome at telling lies. It was from the fact he seemed more calm than usual. If Ciel was in private, he'd most likely be wanting tea; his butler should be in the kitchen tending to the tea or meal preparations, only doing small tasks in the middle. 

     "Oh, he is? Are you sure he isn't kidnapped?" You asked, concern manipulatively laced in your query. 

     "What ever gave you that idea?" Genuine curiosity was in his voice; interest flooded him in knowing what gave it away. 

    "The ransom paper just seemed to give me a hunch." Your words were soaked in sarcasm. Holding out the paper you found, you handed it to Sebastian. Your boyfriend's kidnapping didn't worry you too much. "Make sure to have him back by supper, okay?" With Sebastian as your butler, you didn't think there was anything to worry about. 

       Going back to your room, the sentence 'Yes, My Lady,' left his mouth. Sebastian didn't appear uncertain when you asked for him back by your next meal so you had no anxiety about Ciel's safety, you didn't believe he was in danger. 

     Sadly, that feeling soon vanished when you arrived at the dining table at dinner time. 

     "...Where's Ciel?" You asked as Sebastian pulled out your chair. 

      He bowed in response, "I'm terribly sorry, My Lady. I seemed to have made a mistake in calculations earlier. I won't be able to retrieve the young lord until tomorrow. Please do not worry, he'll surely be back before afternoon." 

      Even though Sebastian told you not to worry, you did. What type of mistake in calculations could he have made? Why wasn't Ciel back yet? Why did he have to wait? Why didn't he figure this out sooner? Was Ciel actually in danger? 

     Sebastian was great at telling lies... what if a 'mistake in calculations' was just a way to say he hadn't found a way to bring him back. Maybe you had underestimated the kidnappers. 

     You had a difficult time eating dinner after those exchange of words. When dinner was over, you tried to read and forget that Ciel had been kidnapped and repeatedly put the idea that he would be alright into your head. No matter how many times you thought of it nor times you tried to read the page, you just couldn't. You worried for the rest of the night about Ciel's safety, and even began planning for his death. 

      You worried and cried until 11:00. Convincing yourself that sleep was still necessary, you managed to enter your dreams. 

   ~ 

      Forcing yourself to read the next morning, you tried to forget all of your anxiety. A few tears managed to find a way to your cheeks, but you were able to remain distracted for the most part.  

    As you were reading, you heard a door open; the main door. Your body stopped breathing for a moment as you processed what that meant. Rushing downstairs, trying to stay calm and not possibly get your hopes up, you ran to the door. 

     Surely enough, it was Ciel. Running downstairs faster than the eye can see, you glomped Ciel, nearly knocking him down in the process. 

     "Ciel! You're back! I'm so happy! I don't know what I would've done had you been..." You trailed off, not even wanting to finish that sentence. 

      Ciel had originally been surprised by the sudden attack, but calmed down realizing it was just you. Knowing you were worried, he allowed you to hug him for a few more seconds. 

      "I thought I almost lost you..." You whimpered. 

         "I'm fine," He replied. His voice was neutral like usual, but you could tell he was trying to reassure you. 

      "That's good."