Prologue

A/n: Hi! Thank you so much for choosing this story! I will write what year/season it is above every chapter so there's no confusion. Enjoy y'all!

1982

SAMANTHA'S POV

"FUCK YOU BILLY!" I shouted, chucking a shoe at my step-brother's head.

He ducked and the shoe missed his head. "OH YOU TAKE THAT BACK SAM!" He shouted back.

"OR WHAT?! YOU'LL HIT ME?! WE BOTH KNOW WHO WOULD WIN THAT FIGHT!!" I screamed, running up the stairs to my younger sister's room.

I knocked on her door and she opened it soon after. "Come on Max, I'm taking you for a ride. I pissed Billy off and I don't want him hurting you in any way." I said.

She quickly put on her shoes and we went to my room to pick up my car keys and a zip up hoodie for me to wear over my tank top.

We walked down the stairs and grabbed our jackets when Max suddenly yelped.

I turned around quickly and saw Billy holding Max's arm tightly. "Where do you think you're going?" He asked.

I crossed my arms and scoffed. "We're going for a ride, got a problem with that? Let her go, Billy."

Billy grinned this evil grin I absolutely hated. "I don't think I will." He said.

I sighed and cursed under my breath before punching him. "I warned you. Leave her out of it, Billy. Let's go Max."

While Billy held a hand to his reddening cheek, we walked out of the house.

I unlocked my car and I quickly drove away.

After a mile or so I pulled over and turned around in my seat. "You alright, Sweetie?" I asked.

Max nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." She said.

I smiled at her. "That's good. Let me know if he ever touches you again, alright?"

My sister nodded and I smiled at her once again. "Alright then. What movie do you want to rent?" I asked, starting the car again, driving to the movie store.

《{}》

After Max chose a movie, we drove back home to watch it.

I knew Billy wouldn't be there because it was Friday 5 pm and he would most definitely be at the movies with some new girl. He probably wouldn't be back before the next morning.

While Max installed herself on the couch, I warmed up some popcorn in the microwave.

I handed Max a bowl and we put on the movie.

《{}》

After the first movie, we decided to watch another. As it was around 7, I thought it was a pretty good time to order some dinner.

I turned to eye my sister. "Do you want to order pizza?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows.

The young girl frantically nodded her head, not being able to talk as she had her mouth stuffed with popcorn.