Chapter 2

1984

SAMANTHA'S POV

I walked to the cafeteria together with Robin. We were deep into a conversation about how I would have fried lungs in a few years if I didn't quit smoking.

Robin was frantically explaining why she was right, using her hands a lot in the process.

I laughed at her dedication. "Robin, hun, I won't quit. Cigs are my image! It's what makes me me." I said.

Robin grumbled about it a bit longer but I ignored her.

I walked over to our usual table where Nancy and Steve were already were sitting.

Just when I was sitting, Billy entered the cafeteria. After I had asked him if he wanted to sit with us a week or so ago, he would come sit with us every day.

I greeted him with a half grin and threw him a cigarette. "Thanks sis." He said.

He always had a habit of calling me sis although I technically wasn't his sister. It really irritated me at first but I didn't really mind it now.

Robin started lecturing Billy and I about how smoking would kill us again. I laughed, tilting my head back.

As I did so, I saw Eddie looking at our table. I nudged Robin, who was next to me. "What's he looking at?" I asked her.

Robin looked shortly and shrugged. "I don't know. It's kinda creepy." She said.

I shrugged, wanting to argue, but she already told Steve who started walking to Eddie's table.

I looked over at Robin while standing up, mouthing 'seriously' and jogged over to Steve. "Just leave him man, he probably just zoned out. I do it all the time when I'm high, and he's a literal drug dealer so I reckon he's high." I said.

Steve shrugged. "Yeah, probably." He muttered.

I nudged him with my shoulder. "When did you start caring about Robin that much?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows.

Steve hit the back of my head playfully. "Oh fuck off, I'd do it for you too."

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "Sure."

《{}》

I was in my car, giving Max a ride to her house before going home myself.

I dropped her off and drove away again. I decided to take a detour home and rent a movie on the way.

I entered the shop and went up to the register to ask if they had my favorite movie from my childhood, I was feeling nostalgic.

I went home cheerfully, the movie lying on the passenger seat.

I got to my house to see a van parked in front of it. I furrowed my brows, confused at why there would be someone I didn't know at my house.

I rummaged through my dashboard cabinet, looking for my pepper spray.

When I found it, I cautiously walked to my house, planning to walk around it to see if there was someone.