Chapter 32

1985

SAM'S POV

I groaned and rubbed my eyes, stretching my aching limbs. "Jesus..." I mumbled, moving out of the uncomfortable position I was in.

I wondered why I was curled up against a wall, obviously very hungover and with Eddie nowhere near in sight for a split second before the memories of yesterday came flooding back.

I stood up a little too quickly, stumbling as dizziness took over. "Shit." I said, scrambling to put my leather jacket on and frantically looking around for my car keys.

Once I saw them, I snatched the jingling keychain from the countertop. I ran out of the door and got in my car, closing the door behind me and putting on my seat belt.

I pressed the gas hard, making my tires screech as my black Cadillac Seville swerved, struggling to pull up.

My anxiety levels were through the roof as I clenched the steering wheel, knuckles turning white. I pressed the gas more, speeding up even more.

When I neared a sharp turn, I pressed my brakes abruptly, turning the wheel as far as it could go, taking the turn skillfully as only a little bit of my left hind wheel slipped off the road.

I sped off again, accepting at an alarming rate. The leaves on the road were blown out of the way by the speed of my car, clearing the way for me.

I bent forward a little more, looking out for the relatively small sign that said 'Hawkins trailer park'.

Once I saw it, I stepped on the brakes, slowing just enough to pull into the trailer park.

I parked my car in front of Eddie's trailer, shutting the engine off and getting out quickly.

I walked up to the door and knocked, waiting impatiently for someone to open the door.

When the door finally opened, I was greetee with Wayne's face. "Hey Mr. Munson, could I come in?" I asked, a sweet smile on my face.

Wayne looked at me, surprised expression on his face. "Sure. He's been in a bit of a mood ever since i came home, maybe you can cheer him up." He said, a smile on his face.

I forced myself to smile through the pain. "Oh that's not nice to hear. I hope he'llcheer up soon." I said, slipping past the man.

I walked to Eddie's room and knocked on his door. "Go away Wayne." He said, voice hoarse.

I took a deep breath, gathering myself. "It's not Wayne. It's Sam. Can I come in?" I asked.

It was silent for a bit, but I heard rustling on the other side of the door. "I don't wanna see you Samantha. Go away." He said.

Hearing my full name being said by him made my heart ache even more than him sending me away.

I didn't leave though, I sighed and rubbed my temples. "Eddie please-" I started, but Eddie cut me off.

The door flew open and I stepped back to avoid it hitting me. "I said GO AWAY!" Eddie yelled at me.

He looked rough, hair a big mess, eyes and nose red and puffy (Lil A/n: from weed or from crying?👀), cheeks stained with tears and clothes crumpled up.