Chapter 8

1984

EDDIE'S POV

"Jesus H Christ." I mumbled, quickly getting up and grabbing the keys from my van.

I didn't know what was going on, but if it was life threatening and Sam was doing it, I needed to know.

I opened the door and walked to the front door, but my uncle stopped me. "Where are you going?" He asked, before smirking. "Does it have to do with that young lady on the phone?"

I stood still and turned to my uncle. "Ye- I mean no! It's not like that! She- I just have to go, okay." I said, moving towards the door again.

Suddenly I stopped in my tracks, realizing I had no idea where she was. I stayed where I was, scratching the back of my neck, thinking of what to do.

Eventually, I accepted I couldn't do anything. Defeated, I walked back into my room.

I sat down on my bed, resting my head in my hands. I had to do something, I couldn't just let Sam in this potentially life threatening situation without explaining myself to her.

Suddenly it hit me. She wouldn't be alone, she was probably with Steve and she said Dustin and Lucas were with her, and those kids always had Walkie Talkies on them.

I just had to get a Walkie Talkie and pick on the signal, and then I would be able to talk to Sam.

I stood up and ran out of my room, this time actually leaving the trailer. I got in my van and quickly drove away.

I drove to the electronics shop, planning on buying a Walkie Talkie there, but then I remembered I was broke as fuck.

I pulled over in a parking lot to think about what to do next.

Suddenly I got an idea. I turned my car back on and drove to Mike's house.

When I got there, I exited my van and ran up to the house. I knocked and waited for someone to open the door.

When someone did, I was greeted by a familiar face. "Eddie?"

"Nancy?" We asked in unison.

She laughed and I managed to force a small smile. I nervously shifted my feet. "Is, uh, is Mike home?" I asked.

She looked at me with a weird look. "I don't think so," She said, turning to shout something inside. "Mom! Where's Mike?"

"He's at Will's!" A distant voice shouted from inside.

Nancy turned back to me. "He's at a friend's. Can I help you with something?" She asked.

I thought for a second. "Yes, actually. Can I just come in real quick? Mike borrowed something from me and I need it tomorrow." I said

Nancy stepped aside. "Yeah, of course. Come in." She said.

I smiled. "Thanks." I said before slipping past her.

I walked to the basement stairs and quickly walked downstairs. I searched around before finding a Walkie Talkie on top of a table. I grabbed it and went back up the stairs.