Chapter 11

1984

SAMANTHA'S POV

Eddie smiled at me. "Hi Love, can I come in?" He asked.

I stepped out of the doorway. "Uh, yeah of course you can." I said.

Eddie smiled again and walked inside. I closed the door and followed him.

It surprised me he was here; I thought that although he had visited me everyday in the hospital, that he'd just wait until he saw me at school again.

I smiled to myself softly, I loved that Eddie cared about me enough to visit me now as well.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Eddie gently touching my hand. "Sam, I asked you something." He said.

My cheeks tinted ever so slightly red. "I'm sorry, what did you ask me? Also, would you like something to drink?" I asked.

Eddie smiled at me. "It's alright. I asked you how the pain was, and no thank you, I'm good." He said.

I shrugged. "It's not that bad. You know when you get a rib tattoo? It feels a bit like that. It only hurts bad when I laugh and unfortunately, when I drum." I said.

Eddie gave me a sympathetic look. "Ugh, that sucks. I can't imagine not being able to play guitar. It's such a nice break from reality, don't you think?" He said, sitting down on my couch.

I nodded, taking a seat next to him. "Yeah, it's a real pain in the ass, but if you look on the bright side, now I have more time to practice singing." I said, giving Eddie a small smile.

He raised his eyebrows in curiosity. "You sing?" He asked.

I nodded shyly. "Yeah, I'm not that good though." I said.

Eddie smiled, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into his lap. "I'm sure you're amazing, Love." He said.

I smiled fondly, snuggling into his chest. "Stop it, you're boosting my ego." I said.

Eddie chuckled. "Well, you're amazing, so a little ego boost can't be that bad." He said, pressing a kiss to my temple.

I hummed. "I'm telling Steve you're the reason he has to put up with my giant ego." I giggled.

Eddie chuckled again, shaking his head. "I can't even compliment the most gorgeous girl alive without being blamed for something." He said.

I blushed. "You're such a flirt." I said, poking Eddie's side.

He laughed. "Is it working?" He asked.

I pretended to think. "Maybe." I said, although the answer was definitely yes.

Eddie hummed, satisfied with my reaction, knowing that I'd never admit it. "Good enough." He mumbled into my hair.

《{}》

EDDIE'S POV

I couldn't be happier than I was right now; sitting on the couch of the most wonderful girl alive with her asleep on my lap.