Chapter 9

1984

SAMANTHA'S POV

I woke up, feeling like I was burning alive. I looked to my side and saw Steve. "Harrington." I muttered quietly.

He looked to me, eyes wide. Suddenly I realized we were moving. "Sam. Oh my god, Sam! You're awake! Doctor! She's awake!" He said.

I felt confused. Why was it bad if I was awake? I started looking around and realized I had no idea where I was. "...Where am I?" I asked.

He quickly glanced at me. "It's alright, you're in the hospital, you'll be okay, don't worry." He said.

A drop of sweat rolled down from my forehead and I went to wipe it away, panicking when I found out I couldn't move my arm. "W  hy can't I move my arm?" I asked, slowly freaking out.

Steve looked at me again. "No, no, shh, it's okay, don't cry." He said.

Suddenly I felt a pinch in my arm. "I looked over and saw a man in a white coat with an injection in his hand. "Dude... This guy just drugged me." Was the last thing I said before dozing off.

《{}》

STEVE'S POV

I sat on a metal table, being examined by a female doctor. "Is she gonna be alright?" I asked suddenly.

The doctor frowned. "Who exactly?" She asked.

I sighed. "The girl I came in with. The one with the huge wound in her side." I explained.

The doctor grabbed a piece of gauze and disinfecting alcohol. "I don't know. She isn't my case, you are." She said.

I just looked in her eyes and she sighed. "Look, all I know is that she was bitten by some escaped exotic lab thing. They got an expert on it." She said.

I relaxed a bit. At least she was in good hands. "And the kids? Are they all right?" I asked.

She chuckled, smiling at me. "Are you always so worried about other people?" She asked.

I smiled a bit paranoid. "Well, I don't know how you'd feel, but I just fought some weird escaped lab experiments that bit one of my friends, whom I'm pretty sure is dying right now, and those kids are her younger sister and her friends. Yes, im worried about them." I said.

She chuckled a bit again. "Easy, I was just kidding. The kids will be fine, they don't have major injuries just like you, by the way." She said.

She straightened herself and looked at me. "You're free to go. You'll be fine, as I said, you don't have any major injuries. Your friend, Sam, you said? Is currently in surgery and you can wait for her. In the waiting room. There's a phone there if you'd like to call anyone. The kids will be done in a few minutes. Have a good evening." She said.

I thanked her and walked out of the room. I went to the waiting room and immediately walked up to the phone hanging on the wall.

First I dialed Sam's house number. The phone ringed a couple of times before someone picked up. "Hello, who's this?" A familiar voice asked.