Chapter 3 The Big Fight, Or Is It?

We're currently on the bullet train heading to turf wars.

While waiting to arrive I decide to check my system menu and there's 2 notifications on the abilities tab so I check it out.

At least this is better than constantly seeing Elaine give me weird looks out of the corner of my eyes. I assume that Arlo told her everything he knows so far. She's probably confused as hell why I lied all this time about being a cripple.

Abilities
1-am 7
2-5=x
1-99 boxes
1-Stone Skin 2.8 (temp 22h remaining)
2-Hunter 4.4 (temp 22h remaining)
3-99 x

So any abilities that are active within my sensory range or sight will last a whole day good to know.

Let's go ahead and equip these 2.

Abilities
1-am 7
2-stone skin 4.2 22h
3-apex hunter 6.6 (hunter turns into apex hunter at 5.0) (just a stronger version of hunter with a sensory type passive) 22h
4-n/a
5-n/a

Whoa abilities even evolve of course I knew that because of Blake going from energy beam to energy discharge but seeing Isen's ability evolve as well that's a little surprising.

And now I can see everything around me without activating Isen's ability neat. Oh is Arlo's heart beating faster because of Elaine being next to him 😏, or is it because of the upcoming fight. I actually hope it's the former, cliche romances are not for me but someone needs to calm Asslo down.

We arrived at the turf war location empty lands for miles around.

Me and Arlo stood 10 meters apart waiting for Elaine to say start.

As the seconds tip by and our glares intensify at one another I prepare myself by regulating my breathing.

Then I heard the words Elaine-"begin."

Arlo's just standing there not activating his ability neither am I either he must have seen my transcript somehow well that's different from cannon no wonder Isen flinched when I brought it up.

"So you've seen my transcript have you?"

Arlo-" Yes I have, you pissed me off so much I ended up staying on Isen's ass that day until he aquired it from wellston's archives and showed me."

"I wonder if this will be enough to bypass your passive shall we see?"

(Activated all three equipped abilities)

Man my version of stone skin looks cool as hell.

Arlo-"I should have known you would come prepared with another ability bastard!"

"Since you've read my transcript I consider this justified."

I started running at him full speed which was pretty fast by the way, then I hit him full force in the jaw with my left fist in case he used his barrier I'd rather have my left arm busted instead of my right.

Instead of him not being affected like I thought would happen he ended up going flying backwards and landing on his back some good distance away with a bruised jaw and bloody mouth.

He then finally activated his ability thankfully I had my abilities tab minimized to the right top corner of my vision so I could see the 5 equip slots at least and I immediately had the thought of equipping barrier and it actually worked immediately then I activated it adding it to my current active arsenal the whole process took only a few seconds.

Abilities
1-am 7 (as 10m) ✔
2-ss 4.2 20h ✔
3-ah 6.6 (hunter sense 100m, When Active 300m) 20h ✔
4-barrier 9.5 (Defense) 24h ✔
5-x

Arlo tried and I mean really tried crushing me inside his barrier but because I had my own blocking it nothing was happening.

Instead of breaking out by punching his barrier while having mine block the recoil like the original John did I just expanded my own barrier of course I felt resistance but 5 seconds later his barrier shattered he then coughed up a mouthful of blood then I did the same move he did to me and surrounded him in my barrier.