Chapter 8 Aftermath

The next day I was feeling like shit so I stayed in most of the day but towards the afternoon I left to exercise a bit of course I had to get jumped by zeke and his two goons I mean it was overdue considering I've been in the dormitories for a few days now.

While I was about to start my run I made sure to requip illusion 6.6 (identifier blocker on-x/off-✔) back to slot 4 thankfully I did and sensed zeke's goon sneaking up behind me so when I activated it I made them see me dodge his attack with no glowing eyes (don't worry though I'll be revealing that next) from a different position from where I actually was this shit reminded me of kyoka suigetsu aizen's zanpaktou from bleach fucking terrifying I tell you so I took full advantage and made them see,touch,taste,smell,and hear some crazy love craftian shit they were shaking afterwards looking scared as hell then I broke the illusion while standing in front of them with eyes glowing.

All 3 - "Ahhhh!?" "WTF!?"

Zeke-"how I thought you were a cripple I was planning on showing you that I'm king around here!?"

"Ha you king that's laughable your technically the 7th strongest person in wellston and guess what I'm number 1, used to be number 2 when I was playing cripple but I'm done with that shit."

Zeke-"you two get him." (both hesitating) "I said get him now!"

They both started charging me but I just activated TM 10 and proceeded to slaughter them which only took a second for them and 10 seconds for me.

Zeke-"this isn't right why play cripple for so long if your this powerful!"

"Penance for the wrongdoings I've done I guess."

Zeke-"what does that even mean!?" "Forget it I don't care about that anymore I'm going to kick your ass!"

(Activates ability)

I've decided to give him more emotional scars by switching out illusion again this time with ps 6.3 he's about to get a taste of his own ability or the word medicine is more catchy.

As soon as he threw a right I defended against his hit, didn't even feel it he reacted as you would expect shocked would be an understatement then I attacked his face while he was distracted and sent him flying his natural reaction was impressive though because he had activated his defense form just before I hit him.

That only allowed him to stay conscious he still recieved heavy injuries such as a dislocated jaw after calling doc which was another fight in of itself I headed back home while requiping illusion.

When Monday rolled around and I arrived at school there was Remi posting a beware of ember flyer on the bulletin board which actually said that ember was the cause of Seraphinas death I immediately went over there to speak to her about that because while I understand people need to be made aware of ember using her death somehow felt wrong.

"Hello Remi."

"Hello John it's nice to finally meet you I've heard a lot about you from Arlo,Blake,and Isen."

"Hopefully good things?"

"It's actually been mixed but I wouldn't pay it any mind listening to any negative things will make your mindset be counterproductive."

"Speaking of counterproductive, did you know that mentioning Seraphina being killed by ember would also be counterproductive?"

"How so?" "Wouldn't it have a bigger impact?"

"I understand the need to be made aware of ember but using her death like that'll cause everyone to overreact and panic and they won't be composed enough to actually prepare themselves."