Chapter 27 Cobra Strikes

I start going outside of school using spatial awareness hunting for Illena it's not long before I find her in a nearby park sitting on a bench with another female mid twenties with midnight purple colored hair using the combination between that and channel master I copied both of there abilities which was strength 4.1 ➕ super strength 6.2 (no passive) and poison manipulation 7.6 (poison identification) ➕ 10.

I decided to combine barrier with poison manipulation to create poison barrier 15 and surrounded the both of them inside of it right after teleporting over.

You've caused a lot of problems at school Illena I'm still deciding if I should just activate the lethal neurotoxin within the barrier it'll kill you in seconds as for you it'll take about a minute.

Unknown woman"I wouldn't if I were you I've put small amounts of lethal poison in those amplifiers that I can activate at any moment and kill a lot of students if you don't want their deaths on your conscious you'll surrender now and drop this barrier."

Illena"this isn't what we agreed on you promised you just wanted John and that you would leave the rest of wellston alone!"

"Illena you should have known making deals with the authorities or their associates would be your downfall first you torture evie then you tear the school apart with the amplifiers and promises of revenge your lucky it's not up to me to decide your punishment otherwise you'd already be dead."

Illena"you high-tiers are all the same I'm glad your getting what you deserve!"

"What's your name Ms.bounty hunter and what's the current price for me?"

Unknown woman"My code name is cobra as for your price it's currently 100 million dead or alive."

Cobra"drop this barrier now or I'll start killing students one by one!"

(Clenching jaw)"fine I'll comply."(dropped barrier) (Raising hands in a surrendering motion)

Cobra"deactivate your ability as well you have till the count of 3!"

(Deactivated ability)

Cobra"Good Illena run along now or something tragic will happen to you."

(Illena runs away)

(Cobra starts approaching you with what looks like handcuffs)

Cobra"get on the ground face down and interlock your fingers behind your head now!"

(You comply)

As soon as she touched your arm to snap the handcuffs on you within a seconds time you recieved a notification and thought yes. (Take poison manipulation 7.6 ➕ 10 (poison identification) y/n)

I immediately activated Super strength 6.2 and broke the handcuffs off then spun around within the next second and grabbed her arms then threw her over my shoulder and slammed her into the ground and then stomped on her chest she ended up severely injured in less than 5 seconds.

"If you want to live you'll tell me why the authorities are so interested in me and are willing to fork over 9 digits?"

1-cm 9
2-tm 10
3-sm 10
4-vm 10
5-rl 10
6-gm 10
7-fc 10
8-pm 10
9-ss 6.2 (temp)
10-n/a

Cobra"(coughing up blood) I don't know I'm given a target then I capture or kill that target for a paycheck (coughing up more blood) if I were to guess why they want you I would say whatever you just did to me is why I can no longer activate my ability for some reason."

"Who's your contact or employer in the authorities?"

Cobra"They don't tell me (coughing up more blood wheezing) I give them my contact information and they give me target information and delivery location, the location for you is in a warehouse on verde street address is 2347 (coughing up more blood) I need a hospital I think you broke my ribs and punctured my lungs."

(Activates gravity manipulation and flame claw then uses gravities full power to instantly crush her into a pancake then uses the fire from flame claw to burn the rest of the body)

(Deactivated ability after teleporting over to the warehouse specified after thoroughly checking it out and finding no one there then teleporting back to school)

(Entered the main office)

"Hello Mr.Vaughn the threat has been taken care of as for Illena she ran away from the scene current whereabouts unknown."

Vaughn"Don't worry about her John she turned herself in to Mr.Keene and is also advocating that she should be the only one punished for both Evie's treatment and this entire incident she'll be facing expulsion and jail time."

"That's good I'm glad this is over."

Vaughn"For now it is John if incidents keep happening like this even if it's not your fault I'm afraid I'll have to suspend you indefinitely for the safety of the rest of the students until this entire situation cools down you might have to repeat the year ill give you another chance because this just happened after we talked a few days ago about this possibility so your still in the green but if there's any signs of another attack on the school I'll have to take drastic action I hope you understand John."

"I understand Mr.Vaughn I'll try and keep the school out of my buisness from now on."

Vaughn"that's all I ask John keep your guard up since they know where you're at and all the rumors surrounding wellston it's only a matter of time before the authorities or spectre attack again."

"Thank you for being lenient with me I'll see myself out."

After leaving I head to the press room everyone is there too.

"Hello everyone the threat is taken care of for now is the attacks from masked students taken care of?"

Arlo"yeah everyone that was responsible was handled by Mr.Keene."

Remi"John is there going to be more attacks like this again?"

"Sadly yes there is but nothing major right away I suspect we've got at least until next week before anything happens again however as for masked students now that this has become a trend these anonymous attacks are going to continue whether we like it or not Illena may be expelled and going to jail but her revenge legacy lives on."

Blake"damn it!"

Isen"I've got enough problems with the press this is just fucking great!"

Remi"Come on guys we can't give up we're going to use the safe house to help as many victims of masked attacks as possible I wish you luck John in taking those bastards responsible for this down alright Blake let's go."

Blake"Ok."

Remi and Blake leave.

Isen"well guys if you don't mind Cecile and I are going to finish this article up explaining what happened over the last few days to wellston."

Cecile"thank you John for settling this situation down I'll see you later your welcome by anytime for anything I owe you a lot."

"No problem Cecile just continue running the press as you've always done and were square no strings attached."

"Alright Arlo let's go they have work to do."

(Arlo nods and followed me out the door)

(After exiting)

Arlo"So John what's your plan?"

"I'm going to stake out this warehouse downtown for the next few days and if anyone shows up then there screwed."

Arlo"I almost feel sorry for whoever does show up."

"I don't."

Arlo"I did say almost you know 😑."

Arlo"Anyway good luck in your stake out if you need my help which I highly doubt just give me a call."

"You know it bye Arlo."

Arlo"Bye John."