Chapter 28 Retribution

After school I went and got prepared at my dorm room after that I went back to that warehouse and activated vector manipulation to block light and sound from myself and waited thankfully the aura recharge from restoration link keeps me going even when using draining abilities which I'm thankful for.

I spent a couple hours just waiting and finally a car showed up and two people got out I only recognized one of them being zander who's possibly related to holden in some way they both went to the upper floors office room and I followed.

Zander"Sir who are we meeting here?"

Unknown man"we're meeting an ember operative code named cobra."

Zander"Sir isn't ember supposed to be independent of the authorities filled with mercenaries we're only funding and entrusting them with our vigilante extermination plan and supplying them with amplifiers to spread more chaos and draw in more vigilantes for culling?"

Unknown man"that's right but the reason we're meeting up with cobra is for getting our hands on code name origin 3 he's the one who killed code name volcan a while back."

Zander"I wasn't expecting to meet Keons most troubling student anytime soon I wonder if he finally reached level 9 yet?"

Unknown man"Were here to figure that out we were very lucky to get a hold of Jane.

"Usually when there's a channel master there's no way to defeat them unless there unconscious or they give up willingly that's why we struck at the right moment and threatened her family she had no choice but to give in willingly after we took her away we had Keon's father Karl who achieved god-tier status and had memory recall evolve into memory manipulation rewrite the father and sons memory of the incident."

"It's been more than a decade now we originally thought that the son was also a cripple so we didn't bother with him even after he achieved the weaker variant of channel master called aura manipulation we still didn't need him at that time it was only very recently that we noticed Jane's health was starting to decline rapidly."

"After I informed Keon of who his mother was not long ago he regretted not turning John into a loyal servant of the authorities."

Zander"Um Mr.Tyte when was she supposed to show?"

Tyte"Hm (looks at phone) about half an hour ago it looks like our worst fears have come true he's officially become the 3rd origin candidate!"

Zander"Just because he killed her doesn't mean he's unlocked channel master unless there's something special about cobra that 100% confirms our worst fears?"

Tyte"(texting on his phone then hitting send) that's exactly why we sent her on this job we didn't inform her of channel masters capabilities on purpose so she would end up physically touching him to arrest him.

"You have to understand cobra has poison manipulation so she can kill a lot of people just by inserting her aura into them and activating it so he would have had only one chance to stop her from killing everyone and that's by taking her ability with channel master so she can't activate the poison in their bodies."

"So since she's presumed dead being half an hour late to the final deadline given to her were going ahead with plan b."

Zander"what's plan b sir I wasn't informed?"

Tyte"plan b is to do what we did with Jane well threaten the fathers life and John will have to cooperate with us then."

Zander"Sir why are we so insistent on getting a hold of him?"

Tyte"Because Jane is on her death bed everytime we make any ability modification serums we use a very small amount of her aura and place it in the serum otherwise they won't work and based on our current production rate of amplifiers and converters she'll be dead within a year."

At that moment I heard enough I froze time and slowly walked up to the both of them and I decided that the authorities are going down.

This'll be retribution for every single thing they put my mother through I didn't even let them register what happened all I did while they were frozen was insert a specialized incurable slow acting poison into there bodies that'll make them have unbearable pain through every nerve ending throughout their body and make them unable to move or speak for the next hour while they slowly perish this poison even blocks aura channels so they can't activate their abilities.

I didn't even check what they had because honestly I didn't care to add anything to my collection at that moment then I unfroze time while looking at them since the effects of the poison take hold in seconds they weren't even able to respond after they fell on the floor and then noticed me standing nearby.

"Well gentlemen I would like to thank you for all that juicy information so I'm leaving you here to slowly perish in the next hour so enjoy!"

(Teleports back to the dorm and calls William on Skype)

William"Hey son how are you?"

"I hate to do this to you it seems everytime I call you it's too relay bad news please 🔇 your end I don't want to accidentally wake up anybody even if Blake no longer stays in the same dorm room these walls are not thick enough to block screaming."

William"(face darkens) what happened tell me everything." (🔇)

(Half an hour later)

William"(looking devastated)...........I'm coming to take Blake's place as your roommate I'm sorry you had to find out that your mother only has a year to live John."

"Dad I have that restoration link ability which I can temporarily pass to anyone for a day which includes the passive aura recharge it basically refills your entire aura capacity in under two minutes."

William"What!?" "We can save her!?"

"Yes we can did you look at that flash drive I gave you?"

William"not yet but now we can get her back I'll wait till I get there tomorrow to look at it with you please inform Mr.Vaughn that I'll be temporarily living with you for now until I can relocate to a new location."

"You got it dad I'll see you tomorrow."

William"Goodnight John."

"Goodnight."