Chapter 18 The Manhunt Begins

Monday rolled around and the official opening of the safe house was ago.

I waited till after lunch to check on how it's going and to my surprise it was going great.

(Warning random temporary characters incoming after this chapter you'll never see them again)

I walked in to Remi playing a board game with 3 other students and she saw me.

Remi"hey John nice to see you."

"Nice to see everyone getting along for once the constant violence was grating on my nerves."

Remi"haha I feel you being in here releases all your stress and you don't wanna leave anyway meet these 3 I'm currently beating this is Ryan this is Alice and this is Isaac."

Isaac"you're barely ahead and I'm about to catch up."

Alice"and here's the reverse!"

Ryan"your good but not good enough try this on for size throws a whirlpool down."

Every one else"oh no!"

(Everyone throws there cards in the middle then shuffles them around and then draws randomly until they have just as many cards as before)

Ryan"haha I got just what I needed throws down a triple seven it's jackpot!"

"Pay up everyone."

Isaac"man not again." (Hands 5$ over)

Alice"I swear if you're cheating I'm going to punch your face in!" (5$)

Remi"alright none of that now." (5$)

"I'm taking a break you guys continue without me."

Ryan"me to I gota contemplate what I'm going to do with 30$ extra bucks."

Remi"so John wanna see what other activities we have available?"

"Nah just came for two reasons one to check out how this is going and two this." (Activates lightning and recharges phone instantly) (deactivates lightning)

Remi"you know it's funny I use my ability 90% of the time for that same reason."

"You must be spoiled then~." (Teasing tone)

Remi"(pouts) hey take that back!"

"If you want me to then your gonna have to catch me little 🍤!"

(Reactivates lightning 8.1 and starts running away)

Remi"hey get back here you meanie!" (Proceeds to chase John out the door down the hall but can't catch up to him and gives up then goes back to the safe house then texts him)

Remi"wait until I get my hands on you 😤."

"😹"

Remi"grrr."

"What is this cat's and dog's?"

Remi"oh haha very funny."

(Its little moments like that, that are worth the most) (fondness thought)

(After school)

I received a call from an unknown number and I knew who it was.

"Hey Leilah where do we meet up at?"

Leilah"At my current base of operations located at xXxX xXxX xXxX please hurry."

"I'll be there soon."

(Hangs up)

When I arrived out front Leilah and Kayden met me.

Leilah"Kayden this is John, John, Kayden."