Chapter 10 Something Foul Is Afoot

Later that day I was walking to my next class when I found flyers posted everywhere telling of my gallant rescue of evie and it mentioned that Arlo was subservient to me it then proclaimed me being the new king of wellston the title of the flyer was shadow king coming into the light.

(Just great I've forgotten about Cecile well it's fine unless she's part of spectre as well and trying to bait me I'll definitely come prepared it might be stupid to spring the trap if there is one but I'm still pissed that they accidentally killed Seraphina it probably beats becoming spectre's slave though)

I proceeded to give Blake a call.

Blake-"hey John whats up?

"Sorry to ask you this but I need to talk to Isen about the press team can you text me his number?"

"Sure no problem man."

"Oh and please keep an eye on Remi I'm afraid she might get herself killed becoming a vigilante."

"Why in the hell would she ever become a vigilante?"

"Well she's obsessed with finding ember so that she can avenge her brother Rei."

"Damn I knew she was suffering because of his death but I didn't think she would actually go so far."

"Yeah just keep an eye on her if she tries becoming a vigilante please notify me immediately I want to make sure she's safe I'm even willing to come with her if she doesn't back down from vigilantism I don't need another friend dying on my watch."

"Sure man I understand and I got you when I learned of Seraphina's passing I was shocked to say the least."

"Thanks man by the way how're those techniques coming along?"

"Slowly I'm afraid I've only got 3 finger beams I can activate and I can only create a light breeze with my discharge."

"Well I was hoping to give you enough time to get stronger but it looks like time is running out for everyone I'm being forced to be king sooner than I would have liked thanks to the press team because now there's flyers everywhere saying I made Arlo listen to me and that means you'll lose your jack position until Arlo graduates."

"Well crap what can you do I guess nobody fully controls the student body so there's only so much that you can accomplish before being forced into something it's fine though I actually don't mind losing the position anyway Cecile of all people was supposed to be jack originally."

"Well glad you're taking this well and thanks for texting me Isen's number also please text him that I'll be calling him very soon ok have a good day Blake bye."

"Bye John."

(Hangs up)

(Waits for 5 minutes then calles Isen)

"Hey Isen sorry to call you right now but I need to know what you told cecile."

"(A good 10 seconds of silence then finally answered)

"Yeah sorry John she trapped me in her vines and made me spill everything I knew about you."

"It's fine I'm becoming king soon anyway so she'll quiet back down eventually."

"She brought that up why is she wanting Arlo dethroned?"

"Likely because he interrogated her about Terrance."

"No wonder she may not hold any positions of power but she sure acts like she does she'll likely try and leech off of you so be careful."

"Don't worry I'll deal with her, I know all about her type it's my way or the highway basically that's why she's trying to use me to dethrone Arlo and then ride my coattails so she can run the press the way she wants in all honesty I don't care she can keep her post but the mere fact she's trying to use me that shit ain't gonna fly I'm putting my foot down on her shenanigans."