1. HIS First Day

Aarush Malhotra, only child of Nandini and Manik Malhotra, finished his 12th and cracked the competitive exam and got admission in one of most prestigious medical colleges of Mumbai. Pampered by all the 5 elders at home, his parents, Manik's parents Raj and Nyonika, Nandini's mother Shobhana but at the same time, he was well brought up. All thanks to Manik and Nandini's parenting techniques.

It was the night before his first day of college and there was a knock at his door while he was arranging his clothes and books for the day.

"Mumma" He smiled seeing his mother Nandini at the door.

"Do you need any help Aaru...!??" She asked while getting inside his room which neat and tidy like she used to keep hers when she was of his age.

"No Mumma...All done...Ironed my clothes...Packed the needed books...ID card...Admission letter...Umm...Yup...Sorted..." He said while checking his things for one last time.

"My perfect bacha..." She pinched his cheeks lightly to which he smiled and Nandini sat on the bed followed by Aarush.

He laid his head on her lap while she ruffled his hairs softly and he asked "Do you wanna say something Mumma...!??"

She smiled at his son who understands her more than Manik at times.

"Aaru...I won't bug you with advising...You are well grown up to know what's right and what's wrong...So I will not tell you that...But I only have one thing to tell you..." Nandini said and he looked at her from her lap.

"Never ever touch a girl without her permission...If you feel anything...though you still have time for that, but still...if you feel anything towards anyone...talk to yourself...name your feelings...express them properly...but never misbehave with anyone especially with girls...Understand...!??" She said in a serious tone and Aarush understood the seriousness behind his mother's words.

He nodded and said "I promise Mumma...I'll never do that...And yeah...like you said...I still have time for all these things...but before that I must become a good doctor...baki sab baad mein...So...don't worry..."

Nandini sighed with a smile and knowing her son better than anyone, she knows that he will never cross his limits. She trusted their upbringing but the least she could do at that moment was, advice, once again.

"Ab I think dad will come..." He said and looked at the door but Nandini replied "He is on a call...You sleep bacha..."

"Okay...Good night Mumma..." He wished and she kissed him good night before leaving his room.

"Done with advising your son...!??" Manik asked once she came back to their room and she smiled before replying "As if you weren't prepared to lecture him..."

"Kuch zyada hi bol rahi ho...haan..." He said pulling her towards him holding her waist making her gasp and gave in to his sweet kisses like every other day.

The next morning,

Everyone except Manik were at the dining table for breakfast by the time Aarush came down with his college bag, dressed in a crisp white shirt and faded jeans and brown shoes.

"Good morning everyone..." He wished and took blessings from his grandparents and Nandini served his breakfast.

"Where's Dad...!??" He asked before taking his first bite and Nandini said "He is in study...You can go and meet before you leave...Eat now..."

The father and son duo are the thickest of friends that the family has ever witnessed. All the naughtiness of Manik that none knew existed even with FAB5, came into picture when Aarush was growing up.

Their late night long drives to sharing about school crush, Manik and Aarush were less of father and son and more of best friends.

Aarush finished his breakfast and went to the study where Manik was on call.

"I'll call you back" He said and cut the call.

"Arey dad...Please finish it...I'll wait..." Aarush said seeing him cut the call and Manik smiled taking him into a side hug and said "Nothing is important than you...and you know that very well..."

Aarush smiled and said "First day of college dad...First step towards my ambition...Bless me..."

Before he could bend down to touch his feet, Manik stopped him and hugged him tight and brushed the back of Aarush's hairs softly.

"All the very best my little one...Remember...I always got your back...Don't be scared of anything..." Manik said and gulped his happy tears seeing his grown up son.

He nodded and asked "Wanna say something dad...!??"

"Beta...you know that I'll never restrict you...be it be anything, I have never stopped you...But now...It's time for you to draw a limit to yourself...It's you who have to do it..." Manik said and Aarush nodded saying "I will dad...Anything else...!??"

"Just a small thing...But important one..." Manik paused and then continued "Aarush...This is another phase of your life where you meet different kinds of people...Never let anyone's thoughts corrupt your mind...You must have your own principles...Listen bacha...If at all...you want to try anything new...Come to me...tell me and we will have it together...You are getting my point right...!??"

Aarush smiled in understanding and hugged his friendly father to which Manik reciprocated and said after breaking the hug "And one last thing...the most important one..."

"Yes dad" Aarush waited and Manik said "Always remember your mom's advice"

Aarush smiled to his fullest and nodded before leaving and kissed his mother who was at the door to bid bye to her son and rushed to the college.

Ignore mistakes...

All I have in my mind for Aarush's role is Paras Priyadarshan aka Neil Birla from YRKKH. Rest is your choice...

Drop your views please...