21. THEIR Beginning

A day before Aarush and Ritika’s Mehendi,

Ritika knocked at Aarush’s door and opened it to see him gloomy and dull.

“Senior…What happened…?” She asked sitting beside him and he held her hand and said “I have sent Nani’s reports to my dean in London…He too said the same…That we don’t have time…”

Ritika didn’t know what to say and just took him into a side hug till he relaxed.

“Your college will start in a month na…??” She asked and he nodded saying “Haan but I have requested for online classes for time being…I’ll not go London for now…”

She sighed and they sat for a while, until Nandini called them to come down.

They came down to see Manik’s friends and family has arrived for the functions and Aarush went to greet them. He hugged Viren and Daksh (Cabir’s son and Dhruv’s son) and passed an awkward smile at Avni (Abhi and Mukthi’s daughter) before giving a side hug to her.

Ritika took blessings from everyone before the boys jumped on her squealing “Bhabhiii”

She felt happy but her eyes fell on Avni who was trying to be normal and they just exchanged an awkward smile before retiring to their rooms.

The next morning, everyone got ready for the mehendi function and the artists have started applying Mehendi to the ladies.

Aarush’s looked at Ritika time to time while she was admiring her ongoing Mehendi and was discussing with the artist.

Slowly, the artists finished applying on her hands and shifted to her legs while Aarush went to meet some guests when Manik called him.

She held her hands a little up and was struggling to place them somewhere when suddenly a pillow came under her elbows as support. She looked up to see Avni and she smiled faintly before adjusting her hands and left.

“Avni” She called before she could leave and Avni stopped and looked at her.

“I’m sorry” Ritika said and Avni frowned saying “Stop saying sorry for no mistake of yours…Aarush will never like it…”

Avni sighed and said “If anyone has to say sorry then it’s me…I’m ashamed of myself for talking about you like that…Please forgive me if possible…And that’s why I’m unable to stand in front of you…”

Ritika smiled and hugged her while Avni shrieked saying “Watch out…Your mehendi…”

She carefully parted her and Ritika said “I’m so happy that you came…Please forget everything and be a part of the family like you are…You are the only girl child for all the families…They will not be happy if you are upset…”

Avni nodded and smiled before helping her sit and sat beside her to get Mehendi on her hands.

They started talking normally about their lives and sudden plan to get married and Avni’s US lifestyle and laughed when she opened up about their childhood pranks and that’s how Aarush found them when he returned to the lawn.

He smiled to himself knowing about Ritika and her forgiving nature and his eyes fell on Abhay who was staring at the girl, just like him. He frowned seeing his eyes adoring something and it’s definitely not Ritika.

He then looked at the girls again and then Abhay, and thought to talk about it to him later.

It was their Sangeet in the evening to which the elder couples danced their heart out till it was time for the young clan.

Viren and Daksh got their on spot partners from the relatives making Avni pout.

"Ab no one is there to dance with me..." She whined and Aarush pushed Abhay ahead saying "Yeh hai na...This fellow is not that talented to flirt and get someone on spot...Ab tu hi daya kar mere yaar pe..."