6. HIS First Invite

Days passed with their regular evening classes taken by Aarush and the trio spending some time at canteen whenever possible. Aarush admired all her antics while Abhay admired his friend's admiration towards his newly found sister.

One morning at the dining table,

"Aarush..." Manik called out while they were having breakfast and said "Beta...You know na Abhi Mamu and Mukthi Mami has come from US for a month...So we have planned for a get together this Sunday...Do you have any other plans...!??"

Aarush smiled to his fullest and said "No Dad...What else will I have than meeting all my buddies...!! Waise everyone will come na...Avni, Daksh, Viren...!?"

(To all who forgot, Cabir and Navya's son Viren Dhawan, Abhi and Mukthi's daughter Avni Murthy, Dhruv and Alia's son Daksh Vedant)

"Yes Yes...Everyone will be there...And invite Abhay also..." Nandini said placing another paratha in his plate.

He remembered Ritika and cleared his throat before asking "Mumma...Can I also invite another friend...!?"

Manik looked at him and Nandini said "Haan Bacha...Why not...!? Waise who is that...!? New friend hai kya...!??"

He nodded with a smile which resembled Manik's smile when he used to speak about Nandini to Nyonika.

"Naam kya hai...!?? I mean you always tell about your friends na..." Manik asked and Aarush bit his lower lip and said "Wo...I thought to introduce in person..."

"Ahaa..." Manik and Nandini chorused and Aarush left thinking it's better to leave than to reveal anything about Ritika which he wanted to do directly.

"Did he tell anything to you...!?" Manik asked and Nandini shrugged her shoulders nodding in no and replied "Let's wait" to which Manik nodded.

"Senior"

"Senior" Ritika called slowly waving her hands standing out of Aarush's lab while he was busy with what he was doing.

Abhay looked at her and chuckled before nudging Aarush and signaled towards window where she stood grinning.

She waved her hands and signaled him to come out once and Aarush signaled later. She pleaded in signs and he shook his head in disbelief and looked for the professor.

"Excuse me sir...Can I just be back in a minute please...!?" He asked permission and then came out to see her smiling widely.

"Kya hai...!?? What was that so important that you called me out immediately...!??" He asked keeping his hands on his hip.

She giggled and replied "Important toh hai...Exam super hit...Bahut acha kiya...I did so well...All because of you...So I came to tell you once I finished the exam..."

"Ohhh...That's great...But it isn't 3 hours yet...How did you finish...!?" He asked checking the time.

Ritika smiled sheepishly and said "You know...My tuition teacher was soooo good at what he does...he taught me so well and I remembered all the answers...so wrote quickly...and ran off..."

Aarush chuckled saying "Pagli" and then said "Then let's have a coffee"

Ritika made her eyes wide and blushed before saying slowly "You mean...Hum...!?"

Aarush frowned and said "Haan...Hum...But just let me finish my lab...and you just wait in the canteen...I'll come with Abhay..."

Her face fell when he referred to their usual coffee evenings and not special one like she just thought and nodded her head while Aarush made his way into the lab again.