15. HER First Gift

"Senior... I'm scared..." Ritika said for the 5th time in 30minutes while entwining her fingers with Aarush's as they sat in the car waiting for their parents' call.

Manik and Nandini along with Ritika and Aarush has come to Ritika's place to have a talk with her uncle and aunt personally about their relation and decision of getting engaged. As Manik has warned the kids to wait in the car till the elders have a talk, they are growing anxious with each passing second.

"Relax Ritika... I'm here...Mumma and dad gaye na...Trust me your uncle and aunt will agree...Just relax..." Aarush tried to calm her down with the same sentence, not exactly knowing what else to say when he too is in the same state like hers.

"Shall we go inside and check...!?" She asked and Aarush quickly nodded in no saying "Dad will kill us...He asked us to wait for his call na...So please..."

Ritika twitched her lips and turned her head to the other side and Aarush smirked saying "Waise....heard that a deep kiss can reduce all the stress..."

She narrowed her eyes glaring at him and he bit his lower lip before he asked "Want to try...!?" And before she could say anything, he made her give in with his sensual touch over her neck and leaned in to share a kiss.

Meanwhile, inside the Nair's house,

"Mr.Malhotra...We have heard a lot about you and we are glad that you are with us in our home...But..." Ritika's uncle, Aadhavan Nair tried to be as polite as he can and his wife came with the cups of coffee for Manik and Nandini.

Manik shifted on the couch passing a glance at Nandini before taking the coffee from the tray.

"Yeah please continue Mr.Nair" Manik said with a slight smile and Aadhavan said "Just because kids liked each other, we can't proceed na Mr.Malhotra... Our cultures and backgrounds are too different..."

"Umm... I'm so sorry to interrupt you Mr.Nair..." Nandini spoke in between with a smile and continued "If it's the only problem, then let me tell you this...Even I'm from this place...My native is here...And trust me...In all these years of my marriage, neither my husband nor my in-laws made me change anything about the traditions that I follow...and they never asked me to adapt theirs...Rather, they celebrate our festivals along with me...They never made me feel like an outsider...and aayi baat Ritika ki toh...We all liked her...She too loves being with us and our family...Please uski side se bhi sochiye ga..."

Aadhavan sat silent thinking in all the ways before Manik pitched in saying "Umm...Mr.Nair...Agar aap bura na maane toh...We want to introduce our son as well...We feel it's not fair on our part to ask you to decide even without letting you meet him when we have spend time with your daughter already...Sorry but bache car mein wait kar rahe hai...We have asked them to wait till we have the discussion...I'll call them..."

Aadhavan looked at his wife being confused on all the happenings while Manik made a call making the young couple break their passionate kiss.

"Dad is calling..." Aarush said before swiping it to answer.

"Jii dad..." He said before cutting the call and said "They are calling us inside..."

Ritika gulped hard and looked at him being scared of her family's reaction and Aarush pecked her hard before saying "Come...and don't worry...I've got you..."

She nodded at him and they stepped out of the car to walk inside hand in hand.

Aarush passed a smile at his parents before he looked at Ritika's uncle and Manik spoke to introduce "He is my son Aa..." and before he could say his name, Aadhavan smiled at him saying "Aarush beta..."