22. THEIR Care

A month later,

"I told you to learn from Mumma...Youtube ko mumma se zyada pata hai kya...!?" Aarush yelled making Ritika pout and stare at the curry that she was trying to prepare for a token of their one month of marriage.

Hearing their discussion, Nandini walked in to the kitchen and tried to glare at them.

"Maa please help...This became salty..." Ritika pleaded while Aarush said "Of course hoga...That youtube fellow said 2 spoons for 1kg...Aur you have put 2 spoons for this small amount..."

"Bas kar aaru...You go..." Nandini said tiredly and Aarush became quiet while Nandini said to Ritika "Beta...Put a potato in the curry... It'll be fine..."

She helped Ritika with the rest of the work while Ritika silently showed a thumbs up to Aarush. It was their plan to cheer Nandini from mourning her mother's death.

2 weeks after Aarush and Ritika's wedding, Shobhana's health deteriorated and has breathed her last in the hospital after a day of admission.

The house was silent for a week which none could withstand and so, from a week, Ritika and Aarush were trying to keep Nandini busy so that she won't sit mourning and spoil her health.

Manik felt relieved seeing their attempts and most of the time, he understood why they keep arguing and that's just to gain Nandini's attention.

In their room at night,
"What happened senior...??" Ritika asked placing her hand on his shoulder and sat beside him.

When he didn't reply, she asked "Maa will be fine...Aap chinta mat kariye na..."

He smiled sadly and said "I have to leave for London..."

"Kyun??" She asked almost immediately and he sighed saying "Kyun kya Ritika...?? You know na I have taken special permission to attend classes online... It's been 2 months...and I can't extend more...Wahi soch raha hu..."

She understood that he did what he can and now it's time for her to be there for his family in his absence and tapped his back saying "Don't worry...Aap jayiye...I'll take care here..."

He looked at her lovingly and she said "Trust me Aarush...Mein sambhal lungi..."

He hugged her tight and sighed in relief saying "Of course I trust you Ritu..."

They broke the news of Aarush leaving in two days and Manik too understood his situation while Nandini was too overwhelmed with the happenings and cried more than the first time he left.

"Nandu please yaar... It's about his career...Wo yaha rehke kya karega...!?? And it's not like he will stay there forever...He will be back in few months once he finishes this year...Please na... Don't cry...He'll feel bad..." Manik convinced her in their room and she nodded wiping her tears.

Abhay came to see him off a day before as his flight is next morning. It's then Aarush's mind clicked with Avni's topic that he missed to discuss with Abhay due to the family loss.

They spent the whole day with family and had dinner till Manik and Nandini retired to their room tired. He asked Ritika to check his packing and sent her to their room to have a private talk with Abhay.

"Abhay...I don't have much time to drag this...Saaf saaf bol... What's with Avni....?? Do you have feelings for her....??" Aarush asked making Abhay gasp in shock as it was unexpected.

"Bol na..." He insisted and Abhay sighed saying "Kya bolu?? Haan hai feelings right from the first time I have seen her in the first family gathering..."

"Why didn't you express then...?? Are you upset that she had feelings for me...??" Aarush asked and Abhay quickly nodded in a no saying "Pagal hai kya tu...!? I can understand her feelings bro...Wo age aisi hai...She couldn't differentiate between infatuation, crush and love...Haan thoda bura laga for what she has done that day...But trust me... It's not that..."