24. THEIR Union

It was the time of Ritika's final year exams and she was walking to and fro in the living room, with book in one hand and mobile in other as Aarush was explaining something keenly on video call.

She stopped at once and the book slowly slipped from her hand as she touched her temple feeling dizzy.

"Ritu...What happened...!?" Aarush asked seeing the changes in her face and she was about to fall down when Manik and Nandini came from either directions to hold her.

"Ritika beta..." Manik tapped her cheeks and Nandini collected her phone and helped Manik to lay her on the couch.

"Aaru...Are we going to be dada dadi...!? Itni jaldi..!??" Nandini asked and Manik clutched his heart hearing the word 'Dada'.

"Mumma yaar...Kuch bhi...seriously...!? Her blood pressure becomes low whenever she gets tensed...Just get our bp machine and check once... Low bp hi hoga..." Aarush said and Nandini quickly went to get the portable bp monitor while Manik sighed in relief and thanked god making Aarush chuckle even though he got tensed.

Nandini checked as per his instructions and said "90/60"

"Haan see I have told you...Usko kuch khilao...And for safer side ask our doctor to come and check once...I'll call you back in sometime..." He said and cut the call.

Ritika slowly gained consciousness and the doctor too said the same about her blood pressure.

Once she ate whatever Nandini has given and went to her room to rest as per their advice.

Aarush called back and asked about her and then chuckled saying his father's reaction on the word dada dadi.

"So... Don't you want kids?" Ritika asked out of nowhere and he frowned before replying with a shrug "First yours and my careers are important...waise umar hi kya hai hamara to think of kids...!?"

She bit her lower lip and asked "What if I were really pregnant...!?"

His jaw clenched in frustration and he yelled "Then also...I don't want kids...Suna tumne...!? I DON'T WANT KIDS... Now shut this nonsense and concentrate on your exams..."

Ritika was taken aback and he cut the call. She gulped and took her time to become normal. She couldn't concentrate on her books at that moment and so she went downstairs to see Nandini at the dining table, chopping vegetables.

"Ab kaisa hai beta...!?" She asked seeing Ritika and she nodded with a slight smile making Nandini frown.

"What happened Ritika...!? Did Aaru say something...!?" She asked touching her hand.

Nandini has always been like a mother than her in-law and so she told everything that happened and how Aarush has reacted at the mention of kids.

Nandini gave a small smile and said "Ritika...Beta don't think that I'm taking his side...But he is just concerned about your careers...May be he doesn't want to risk your career with another responsibility...You know...The same happened at our time as well...We got married when I was in 2nd year and your appa waited for 3 years till I got settled in my job...You understand right...!? I mean we didn't have anything between us at that time...for 3 years...When asked, he said he just don't want to impose something and ruin my career...not even by mistake..."

"How sweet...!!!" Ritika remarked and then asked "But Ma...How did you guys...I mean...had a control...!?? For 3 years...Without anything...!?"

Nandini blushed on hearing her question but before she could answer, Manik announced his presence.

Though Ritika wanted to know the answer, she didn't want it infront of her father in law and make it awkward for anyone of them. She just passed a smile and left to her room.