11. HER First Truth

Aarush was driving towards Ritika's hostel being half excited and half nervous and stopped at a traffic signal when it turned red. Everything around him, right from the random songs playing in his car to the balloon seller on the road side screamed love and that gave him all the positive vibes that's needed for him. As he waited for few more seconds, his eyes fell on a middle aged man at the bus stop who was struggling to stand on his feet, probably feeling dizzy, assuming by the position he was holding the nearby pole for his dear life.

He quickly parked his car and ran towards the man and held him before he could fall down and made him sit in the bus stop. He checked the pulse and when he felt it is fine and the dizziness could be because of blood pressure or sugar levels, he quickly came back with a water bottle and cookies from the nearby shop.

"Uncle...Please have this..." He said rubbing his back softly. He helped the man to wash his face and gulp the water down. He opened the pack of cookies and waited till he felt the man was near to be stable.

The man gulped some more water and sighed in relief and smiled weakly at his young savior and Aarush reciprocated his warm smile and asked "Are you fine Uncle...!?"

"Much better beta...Thank you so much..." He said joining his hands and Aarush quickly held them nodding in a no saying "You are elder to me...Please don't do that...Waise...Is there anyone with you...!? Or should I call someone...!?"

"No no dear...I'm not from this place actually...I came alone...Meri bachi ko milne...She is studying medicine here...She stays in the hostel nearby and I was waiting for an auto or something to reach there and suddenly this happened...May be because of blood pressure...I forgot to take medicines in the morning..." he replied.

"Uncle you shouldn't skip your medicines...Did you have them with you now...!?" Aarush asked and the man smiled taking them from the bag he was carrying and gulped them in a go.

"Good...You said your daughter is studying medicine na...Tell me the hostel name uncle...I'll drop you..." Aarush said.

"Are no beta...I'll manage..." The man refused but Aarush said "Please uncle...You still seem to be weak...Just tell me the name na...I'll drop you...I insist..."

Once he said the hostel name, Aarush smiled and said "I'm going to the same place...Please come..."

He held the man's hand and made him sit in his car and drove towards the hostel.

"I didn't except someone would help me in this big city bacha...Glad there are still people like you..." The man said and Aarush smiled before saying "Humanity and the soon to be doctor in me kicks in Uncle..."

The man chuckled and said "So you are also a doctor...!?"

"Yes...Soon to be...Final year now...Oh sorry...I didn't introduce myself...I'm Aarush...Aarush Malhotra..." He said forwarding his hand and the man quickly shook his hand saying "Nice to meet you Aarush...Myself Aadavan..."

Aarush stopped the car in the parking and said "Uncle...You keep going...That right building is the hostel and you can ask in the reception...I'll join you after parking..."

"Okay beta..." Aadavan said getting down from the car and walked towards the building while Aarush parked the car and walked behind him few minutes later.

"Whom do you want to meet sir...!?" The receptionist asked Aadavan and he replied "Ritika Nair...3rd year MBBS"

Aarush quickly looked up from his phone as he was texting Ritika that he is downstairs and frowned hearing her name and looked at the man again.

"Her father...!?" He thought while finding the resemblance between them. He stood few steps away not wanting to talk again after knowing about him but felt happy that he had given a good first impression of him if things work out in future.