14. HER First Happiness

"I can't believe Avni has actually spoken all these to Ritika..." Abhay wondered when Aarush said about the recent happenings while walking towards Ritika's block to meet her.

Aarush sighed and their faces had a frown seeing a small gathering and asked "What's going on here...!"

"Let's see..." Abhay said and moved forward and their eyes widened when they saw a boy being knelt in front of Ritika and she stood silently, nervousness clearly visible on her face.

"I Love You Ritika..." The boy proposed forwarding a rose and she gasped looking at her classmates who gathered around.

"What the...!" Aarush mumbled and Abhay said "Why isn't she saying anything...!?"

Aarush glared at him and said "Did she ever say anything without hesitation...!? Huh...This girl..." and walked towards them.

As Ritika stood clueless having many eyes over her, she gasped when Aarush pulled her to his side holding her waist. The smiles over the crowd's faces vanished and Aarush looked at the boy who proposed and said "Oye Majnu...Come on get up...Bahut ho gaya drama...She is mine..."

"Oh really...!? Then why isn't she saying anything...!?" The boy asked and Aarush shot a glare at Ritika.

"Ritika...Do you want to say something...!?" Aarush said and she gulped but gathered courage when he mumbled "Go on...I'm here..."

"Look Mr.Manav...I'm already taken...So please stop following me..." She said and the crowd gasped when Aarush pecked her lips hard making her blush.

He held her hand and turned to Manav and said "SHE.IS.MINE. Yaad rakhna..." and walked off with Ritika followed by Abhay.

They got seated at their usual spot and Aarush asked "Can't you talk with your own will...!? Someone has to push you to talk...!?? Mere samne toh bahut udthi ho na...Listen...I have already told you that I'm here and you don't have to be afraid..."

Ritika bent her head down and stayed silent while Abhay placed his hand on her shoulder and said "Ritika...Bacha...You have to voice out...Har baar you can't expect someone to talk for you or stand for you..."

"Abhay...There's no point in explaining this to her...3 saal se bol rahe hai hum...But no...And what's the matter today...It was just a simple 'No'...He proposed and you just have to open your mouth and say 'No I'm not interested or I'm already taken.'...Kiski wait kar rahi thi...!? Aaj yeh hua and kal someone will ask you to sle..." Aarush was about to say something that he shouldn't but interrupted when Abhay shouted "Aarush...Shut up...Remember you are talking to my sister...and I'm still here...She is your girlfriend baad mein and my sister first..."

Aarush controlled himself and in the meanwhile, Abhay turned to Ritika who was gulping down her tears and said "Ritika...Today me or Aarush came to stand with you...What will you do once we leave after our final year...!?"

Both of them snapped their heads at once and looked at each other as they realized few months later, they will not be in the same college to meet every day. Though Ritika spends most of the time at his house, not having him around in college is a different kind of void.

They stayed silent until Aarush asked "Ghar chale...!?"

Abhay stopped her by holding her hand and said "Tu jaa...I'll drop her..." and walked away with her to his bike while she looked back at Aarush who stood at his place.

"Bhai...Wo...Unko acha nahi lagega..." Ritika said seeing Abhay take his bike.

"Hop on Ritika...He has to know that I'm there for you and he just can't say whatever comes to his mind...Let him come alone...Jaake baat karlo jo bhi karna hai..." Abhay said and she once again looked back at Aarush before hoping on Abhay's bike.