3. HIS First Year

Aarush's second semester has started and he was waiting for his friend Abhay to come but he was nowhere to be seen. Two days passed and Abhay didn't come and when Aarush called he said he is unwell.

Aarush got bored without his friend and while walking through the corridor of their college, his eyes fell on the notice board and he blinked twice seeing Abhay's name on it.

He straight away drove to Abhay's house and saw him watering the plants. Seeing Aarush at the gate of their small house, Abhay wiped his hands to his vest and smiled at him.

"Hey buddy...Come in...I'm feeling better now...Thought to attend college from tomorrow..." Abhay said walking beside Aarush.

Suddenly Aarush stopped and asked "Kyun...!?? Your semester fee got arranged...!??"

Abhay bent his head down and Aarush asked "Bolo Abhay...Why didn't you tell me...!?? Am I not your friend...!??"

Coming from a lower middle class, Abhay works in a café to meet his needs and not to burden his family. The educational loan he has tried was rejected as they didn't have any assets to put as surety. The bank official advised him to finish his first year and put his marks as assurance and he can try to process the loan for remaining years.

"Aisi...aisi koi baat nai hai Aarush...I'll manage...I didn't want to bother you..." Abhay said and Aarush scolded "Shut up...bada aaya bother karne wala...Dude...You are my friend...My only best friend...and I want to know things from you...not from this notice board...Huh...chodo yeh sab...Did you get the money...!??"

Abhay hesitated but nodded in a no. Aarush sighed and said "Go change and come...I'll pay..."

"No...No Aarush..." Abhay said immediately and Aarush asked "Why...??"

"Because I don't want people to think that I'm taking advantage of my rich friend...Please Aarush...I'll manage somehow..." Abhay said but stopped when Aarush gifted him with a slap.

"Yeh friend rich aur poor kab se ho gaya...!?? Listen Abhay...Don't make me lose my patience...Just go change and come..." Aarush said in anger and Abhay nodded in a no.

"Bro please...Okay what will make you take money from me...!?" Aarush asked seeing Abhay so stubborn.

"I will repay you once I get the money...and you will accept it..." Abhay said and Aarush sighed in relief.

"Okay fine...I'll take it...but no urgency...you can repay in installments...ab chale...!??" Aarush agreed as he know about Abhay's self respect and Abhay nodded with a little smile.

They both went to college and Aarush paid his fees and went to drop him back home.

"Manik..." Nandini called out his name in his cabin in between their work and he hmmed in response.

"Money debited from Aarush's account" She said seeing the message.

"Okay..." He said casually and Nandini said "Manik...It's 1 lakh..."

Manik too looked at her in shock because Aarush was not lethargic about money and he always calls them before withdrawing money even though they have said there's no need to inform them.

Nandini tried calling him and since he was driving his bike, he didn't attend the call making them more worried.

"He is not picking calls..." Nandini said worried and Manik gulped down to calm her down first.

"Nandu...Relax...Kuch nahi hoga usko...I know...Chalo let's see if he has reached home..." He said and Nandini kept dialing his number. They didn't want to worry the elders and so they checked with the security and upon learning that he didn't return, their anxiety increased.