27. THEIR Support

"I want a baby Ritika..." Aarush said and they looked at each other with mixed emotions.

"Ritu...I'm not saying this out of guilt...But I'm scared ki...ki...what if we never..." He tried to say but she closed his mouth with her palm nodding in a no and said "Please don't say that Aarush...We will have a baby...We definitely will..."

"I...I'm sorry...I'm really sorry Ritika..." he said and they hugged each other tight pouring out all their hidden emotions.

"Please Aarush...We are here for a holiday... Let's leave everything behind and enjoy each other's company..." She said and he nodded.

They refreshed and went for site seeing trying their best to not have any other thoughts. They had a nice dinner and retired to their room at night.

She hugged him tight and he kissed her lips passionately while making their way to the bed.

He kissed on her neck and when she was lost in him, he moved away and bit his lower lip, looking here and there.

She sat up and asked "What's wrong...!?"

"I didn't get protection" He said slowly.

"We want a baby na...!?" She asked with a smile but he nodded in a no saying "Doctor asked to wait till 6 months if we are planning...We can't take risk..."

"Now??" She asked and he sighed saying "Let me try getting one..."

He went to the reception of the hotel and asked for a pharmacy and when they insisted that they will send someone, he politely refused and he himself went to get what he wanted.

"Why so late...!?" She asked being frustrated.

"Should I tell that now?? Or should I continue where we left...!?" He asked and she giggled pulling him towards her.

The holiday actually helped in reconciling themselves and they were almost back to normal by the time they returned home.

Their work life routine continued and they stood as each other's support when one felt low.

Ritika didn't want to risk anything and so she was particular in monthly check ups, medicines and her diet without any pressure from anyone.

6 months later,

"Everything is fine Ritika...But only thing is there can be complications at the time of delivery if you are planning for a baby... We may have to opt for C section as your uterus and womb is weak to push the baby because of the accident..." The gynaecologist said after a final check up when she conveyed that they want to plan a baby.

"Will the condition be better if we wait for few more months...!?" Aarush asked and the gynaecologist nodded in a no and said "Be positive Dr.Aarush...Positivity is the main key in such cases... Trust in god and let's try our best..."

Ritika nodded and they returned home.

"I'm scared Aarush..." She said tugging his shirt and he took a deep breath, keeping his own fears away and said "Let's try Ritika... Doctor said na...Be positive...and we both are doctors... Don't think anything negative... Let it happen when it naturally happens..."

From that month, she prayed to every god that she knew to stop her periods and every time, she got her periods, she cried her heart out, scared of their future.

For the first 2 months, Aarush stood by her and convinced her to give it time.

"Please Ritika... Let's not pressurise ourselves...Let it happen naturally..." He said wiping her tears and hugged her.

She continued her medication and diet and kept the kits ready to check if her periods are even delayed by a day.

"Come on Ritika...You are just late by 2 days...You don't have to take a test for that..." He said when he saw her taking a kit for home test.

"I don't want to take a chance..." She said and came out after 5 minutes and looked at him with puffy eyes.

He sighed understanding that the result is negative and hugged her tight saying "Its okay... Things take time...I'm here with you...."

He cleared all the kits and kept them hidden so she won't test and breaks her heart everytime.

The next month, by the time he reached home from hospital, Ritika wiped her last traces of tears making him frown.

"What happened??" He asked taking his track pants and she nodded in a no trying to get a smile on her face.

Seeing him look at her in suspicion, she smiled saying "Kuch bhi toh nahi Senior... Just freshen up and come...I'll get you some tea and snacks..."

He eyed her back and found something in her closed fist and said sternly "Ruko..."

She stopped in her tracks and looked at him and when he eyed at her hand, she tried to hide it, confirming his doubt.

"What's in your hand...!?" He asked walking towards her and she gulped saying "kuch nahi..." and tried to walk away but he pulled her holding her arm making her gasp.

"Kuch nahi senior..." She tried to say when he got hold of her hand and forcefully opened her fist and she bent her head down.

He gritted his teeth seeing the pregnancy test kit which was negative and yelled "How many times should I tell you...!?? Aur kitni baar karogi yeh...!?? Have you completely lost your mind or just forgot what you have studied...!?? Yaad hai na you are a doctor yourself...!??? Why are you doing this again and again...!?"

"Aaru" Nandini said opening the half opened door to stop him from yelling at Ritika while she just stood bending her head down in tears.

He threw the kit and walked out being frustrated and Nandini went to Ritika to console her.

When Manik saw Aarush coming, he asked in a serious tone "Why were you shouting...!?? We can clearly hear you from downstairs..."

"Of course...Everyone can hear me but none knows what she is doing to torture herself and me as well..." Aarush said being frustrated.

"Watch your tone Aarush..." Manik warned and he just stood to leave.

"Where do you think you are going...!??" Manik asked making Aarush stop and said "Please dad..."

"I'll not let you go when you are in hurry and when you are angry...You know it very well Aarush... Come and sit here... You can go later..." Manik said and Aarush sighed taking a seat and closed his eyes to chuck off all the thoughts.

In their room,

"Ritika when he asked you to not to take tests, then he might have thought something and told you na beta...And what's with this test every week...!?? Please bacha give it sometime... I know how you are feeling right now... But don't spoil your mental health and that creates more complications..." Nandini adviced Ritika and wiped her tears.

She went down to see Aarush whose eyes were closed and she eyed at her husband and mouthed 'What happened?' showing Aarush.

Manik signalled her that he stopped Aarush from going out and she showed a thumbs up and when Manik asked about Ritika with his eyes, Nandini nodded as 'okay now'

Aarush smiled seeing their silent conversation and stood to go to his room.

"Aaru" Nandini called but he smiled a little and said "I won't shout at her Mumma... I'll take care..."

Manik nodded at Nandini and she sighed making Aarush leave to his room.

Ritika hugged him once he entered the room and he hugged her back before making her sit on the bed.

"My anger was justified Ritika...You can't turn impatient like this...That can effect your mental health as well... You have to be patient my love... Don't do this to yourself... Don't torture yourself like this...Just let it happen in the flow..." He said and she nodded with slight tears which he wiped off before placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Shall we make love...!?" He asked and she looked at him surprised.

"Without any thoughts about getting pregnant, without any medications on mind... without any calculation of dates...just you and me in the world of our love...just like our first time...!?" He asked and she nodded in yes with a bright smile like she used to.

And yes, they made love once again.

Ignore mistakes...