18. HER First Anger

"Lisa" Aarush said slowly, not making an eye contact with Ritika.

Her breath quickened as she looked at him with glassy eyes.

"From...when..!?" She asked and he gulped before saying "A month after I came here..."

Ritika eyes turned towards his parents who just looked at each other and started walking away.

"Ma...Pa...!??" Ritika called them expecting them to say something but Manik quietly said "I think...You both need to talk..."

Aarush nodded and said pointing to their room "That room Dad..."

"We know" Nandini said angrily and looked at the father son duo before they walked in to their room.

Ritika stood shocked seeing them leave and then looked at Aarush as if asking him to explain.

"Ritu listen..." He started but stopped when she showed her palm and asked "Why...!? Is she more beautiful than me...!?"

He nodded in yes and that was unexpected for Ritika and she made a shocked face as he continued "Fair and flawless skin...Green eyes...silky hair..."

Fresh tears formed in her eyes and before she could say anything, the doorbell rang.

"I think she is here..." He said slowly and Ritika wiped her tears forcefully and took long steps to open the door.

"Listen whoever you are..." She started but found none at the door. Her eyes slowly lowered to meet a cute little girl with a dimple smile.

"Hello...I have seen you somewhere..." The little one said in her foreign accent while pointing her small finger at Ritika.

She instantly smiled and asked bending to her level "And may I know who this beautiful baby girl is...!?"

The baby girl giggled and Aarush said from behind "Hey Lisa darling...Come in baby..."

Ritika stood in surprise as Aarush picked the little one and kissed her cheeks and Lisa giggled saying "Hello Doctor...I'm sorry but who is this pretty lady...!?"

Aarush knitted his eyebrows and glared at the baby playfully while the little one giggled and asked "A.R. Is she the one from the photographs in your room...!?Am I right...!?"

Seeing Ritika's confused face, he cleared saying "She is still learning the spelling of my name...So that's why she is stuck at A.R...And of course you are right babygirl...She is the one...The only one..." Aarush said looking at Ritika.

"A.R. Where's my rose...!?" Lisa asked.

"There you go My Love..." He said handing over the rose to the baby and she kissed his cheeks as he got her down. They heard a car horn and Aarush gave his finger for her to hold and walked her till the car where the baby's father was waiting for her. He air kissed and waved her bye and stood till the car was out of sight.

All this while, Ritika stood silent and once he entered inside, he bit his lower lip to stop himself from laughing.

She huffed in anger and asked "Like seriously...!?"

Aarush burst out laughing while Ritika stood without any movement and gritted her teeth.

"Enough..." She yelled making him stop his laugh and she shouted "It wasn't a joke Aarush...and it was not at all funny..."

"Hey Ritika... Listen...I'm sorry...I didn't think that you would take it so seriously..." He said and was about to touch her but she pushed his hands away and said "Don't touch me...You don't even know the things that can't be joked around...!??? And Amma Appa ko patha hai yeh...!? That's why they went inside...!?"