12. HER First Introduction

"Manik...It's almost an hour...They didn't come out...I'm worried now..." Nandini said pacing to and fro while Manik just scrolled through his mobile and replied casually "Itna bhi fast forward nahi hai tera beta..."

She frowned to his comment and asked "What...!? Manik...Seriously...!??"

He chuckled and pulled her towards him to make her sit beside him and said "Nandu...Relax...It can be their first fight or first misunderstanding...It'll take time to clear everything out...Let them talk...Bahar hi toh aana hai eventually...Calm down..."

"Nahi Manik...You are not getting me...Aarush is angry that means...I'm afraid that he speaks anything that he shouldn't..." Nandini said and Manik replied "Don't worry Nandu...I agree that his anger came from me but trust me, he is wise to choose his words even if angry...Just like you..."

Nandini smiled a little and Manik kissed on side of her head with a smile and pulled her closer, wrapping his arms around her shoulder as she placed her head on his chest.

While the elder couple were worried downstairs, the new young couple were seated in the similar way in Aarush's room.

"So that's why you didn't come when I have invited you to the party...!??" Aarush asked and she moved her eyelids upwards to look at him from his chest and said "It was Appa Amma's death anniversary...I need to do Pooja...I said yes to you without knowing the day of party and then realized I won't be able to attend...Didn't get a chance to inform you...and I just dozed off unknowingly after all the crying..."

He brushed her hairs thinking about her being all alone, crying her hearts out without a shoulder to lean on.

"You never went to your native in holidays...!??" He asked and she nodded in no.

"Then where were you...!??" He asked and she replied looking down "Hostel only..."

"You said you won't be able to talk...conservative parents and all...Why do you have to do that...!?? Atleast I would have been there to talk to you..." He asked and she said "If I say that I didn't go to my native, you will definitely invite me to meet your family which I wasn't ready for...I would definitely break down seeing your family...That's why I told I'm going to native...But then, if I say I can talk, I should lie to you every single time we have a call...I don't want that...Already I have lied to you enough..."

Aarush sighed and they sat in silence for a while.

"Now are you ready to meet my family...!? You directly came to my home..." He chuckled and Ritika's expression changed and separated herself from him suddenly.

"Kya hua...!?" He asked noticing the changes.

She tapped her forehead and was about to shriek making Aarush panic and asked "Ritika...What happened...!?? You are scaring me..."

"Wo...Actually..." She said with a worried tone and Aarush rubbed her back to calm her down and signaled her to continue.

"When I came na...Your mom and dad were there...I...I didn't say a word to them...I just ran to your room when your mom showed..." She said and he chuckled.

She tapped on his shoulder and shrieked "Aap hass rahe ho...!?? Seriously...!?? What they might be thinking about me...!!! First impression hi bada wrong impression ho gaya hoga..."

"Ritika Ritika...Calm down...Listen to me...Mumma and Dad are so cool...They might have already understood that something was off between us...And I'm sure by the way you have come crying na, Dad will definitely understand...Trust me...Now chalo..." He said standing up from his place.

"Noooo...I won't come...I can't face them...It's so embarrassing..." She said hugging her knees to her chest and he chuckled.

"So you want to stay here...in my room...!? Trust me I would love to do that...But after few years..." He said making her blush and he continued "For now...we have to go down and meet them...See...It's already been an hour and if we don't go now, then there are chances of them misunderstanding us...like we were doing something..."