25. THEIR Lesson

A week later,

Aarush joined at the hospital and Ritika's work is at the other wing of the same hospital. They start together from home and bid bye to each other at the parking to take their way to their respective departments. It was mostly at the same time they leave from the hospital as well unless Aarush has any surgery in the afternoon section.

As per Manik's advice, Abhay has sent his profile to London and in the background, Aarush just made a call to keep it official and not as his help or something. Abhay got the confirmation letter and will be leaving after a month.

Days passed smoothly and one early morning, in their room, Aarush was correcting his collar to leave early for a surgery while Ritika lazily hugged him from back making him smile.

"It feels like a long time..." She said and he frowned saying "Arey last night hi toh..."

Ritika gasped and slapped his shoulder before he could complete the sentence and said "I wasn't saying about that...I meant that we haven't spent time together...like a proper meal together...only you and me..."

"Ohhhh" He said and smiled while turning to face her and she said "How about a lunch together...??"

"Umm...done...I'll call you once I finish the surgery...I don't have anything scheduled for afternoon.." He said checking the time and mentally calculating the time for lunch.

Ritika smiled widely and said "Cool...Then...I'll get ready and leave...Aap jayiye it's getting late..."

He nodded and kissed her forehead before leaving and bid bye to his parents downstairs after taking his apple to munch on his way.

Nothing can make Manik and Nandini happier than seeing their love of the life living his dream life every moment. His dream of being a doctor. His love as his wife. With his parents. Aarush was the happiest soul till date.

By afternoon, Aarush came out of the OT along with the senior surgeons after a tiring 6 hour surgery and collapsed on the chair. He gulped some water and checked time to realise Ritika must be waiting for him for lunch.

He sighed and washed his face and gathered some energy before taking his mobile to call her, simultaneously walking out of his department. The call went unanswered and he called again while ambling towards her block.

When all his calls were unanswered, he frowned making his way to check on her inside her department.

'She will not leave my calls unanswered... Hope everything is fine...' He thought and pushed all his negative thoughts away and checked with one of the staff about Ritika.

"She is at the cafeteria sir" The staff answered making him frown and he walked towards the cafeteria to see her with bunch of her colleague-friends, happily laughing while munching on her lunch.

Anger rushed through his veins but he calmed himself seeing her smile freely. He took deep breaths but his blood boiled when he saw the guy beside Ritika, wrapping his arm around her shoulder in between their talks and she was too into the conversation and laughs that she didn't realise it moved down her shoulder and brushed her waist before he removed it. One look at the guy's face, Aarush understood that he did it intentionally and he marched towards them. Every step that he took towards the group, his anger shifted towards Ritika unknowingly.

Ritika's eyes widened in realisation seeing Aarush that she completely forgot about the lunch part. He stood in front of them and Ritika stood at her place with a scared face seeing him angry and the group exchanged confused looks seeing the duo.

"I...I...wo...I forgot...to keep my... mobile in ringing..." She mumbled and the group stood at their places seeing her shiver under Aarush's angry gaze.